Install this if there's no v3.8 already installed. If it doesn't find the right path for any reason, you still can extract it manually using a 7z compatible...
Fistful of Frags is a first person shooter set in the Old West times. Take part in frenzy team versus shootouts or play cooperative games against AI managed enemies. Most of the classic black powder guns are available, in single or dual wield setup.
- Fistful of Dollars game mode: original team oriented gameplay packed with fast paced action. Additional game modes: Few Dollars More, Push, Train Robbery, Deathmatch, Zombie survival and Showdown (Gun Game like).
- Cooperative/singleplayer missions: push the cart, escort, last stand, etc.
- Duel tournament with free aim revolvers for enhanced realism
- Deathmatch and Team versus bots to improve your skills off-line
- Notoriety player progression system: measures player contribution to its team in several areas (combat, objectives and teamplay).
- Equipment and player full customization: spend your notoriety points in the exact weaponry, skills and visual customization you want. Includes more than 20 different items.
- Dual wield system: combine any pair of handguns, up to 36 different combos!
- Weaponry: fists, knife, axe, Colt Navy 1851, Colt SAA "Peacemaker", Colt Walker, S&W Schofield, Mare's Leg, Deringer .41, double barrel shotgun, sawed off shotgun, Henry repeating rifle 1860, bow, Smith carbine 1857, Winchester 1893 pump shotgun, Sharps rifle 1874, dynamite, and bow with normal/fiery arrows!
- Healing class "whiskey man"
- Enemy Awareness: highlights your deadliest opponents during the game. Includes deathcam and stats.
Requirements: you must own a Source powered game by Valve (list) or just free TF2!
Time flies on, a few months have passed since our last news here. Porting our mod to Source 2013 engine takes time, but Fistful of Frags for Steam isn't just a port. Our next version comes with improved combat mechanics and fresh gameplay, it's like a project restart. Here's a summary:
1. Classic deathmatch concepts: respawn, seek better guns in weapon crates or just those dropped from enemies. Replenish health using whiskey (note: also prepare for a full drunkard effect).
2. Skill based scoring system: the more skill required to accomplish an attack, the higher score reward will be. This encourages players to risk instead just using the most powerful weapons they can find
3. Four maps specifically designed for this new gameplay.
4. Deepest dual wield gun gameplay you'll find anywhere. Seriously! Dynamic dual crosshair, drop and pick new guns as you unload them into your enemies. Flip side for extra accuracy options. Throw them as projectile attack! Ah, and 8 handguns to choose from, including the new volcanic pistol.
5. Awesome kills. Kick enemies into water, fire or large falls and get a reward for it. Chain explosion effect: if someone carries dynamite and receives enough blast damage, their dynamite explodes killing them!
6. Steam integration: 16 -out of usual- achievements and progress stats: your best killstreak, highest surviving time, most damage taken or whiskey drunk. Yeah, we record that too.
7. OSX/Linux client. VR headset support and other Source 2013 related improvements.
Thank you all! We have enough playtesters for the moment so I won't be giving more keys around here. You still can join our steam community and try to catch me on the chat ;)
Highest Rated (5 agree) 7/10
I think there is a lot of cool content here to make for an excellent mod. I'm a huge western movies fan and I was hoping for something more in this mod. My main concern with this mod is how the weapons feel and handle. Very hard to make a kill, and difficult to know when you hit someone. This mod also seems to have a lot of different color schemes which make it hard to understand what everything means. It took me 3 plays to understand how the weapon selection menu works (I still don't quite get…
Mar 25 2011, 9:35am by Wesley
Lowest Rated (4 agree) 1/10
A year ago that was the best mod for Hl2, now it's a load of horse crap. But it smells worse...
Mar 7 2011, 5:51pm by VolvoxGlobator