What is Cinematic Mod?
Cinematic Mod (CM) is a Half-Life 2 modification, that adds more details and a darker look to the original Half-Life 2 series.
Cinematic Mod 11
- This is a graphical / music total conversion. It looks and sounds very different compared to vanilla HL2.
It's free, so don't complain: If you don't like the mod, you can delete it and play something else.
- To play this mod, you must own Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2 fully installed and unlocked! (= started at least once) You cannot play without Episode 2 content!
- Remember to activate "High Quality" graphic settings in the options dialog. Especially the model setting must be at "High" or you'll get facial animation errors with HD models.
- You must enable HDR, when using the dynamic shadow enhanced maps. (Looks very weird and unnatural in LDR)
- If you are using HD characters, please re-initiate them with the new character pimper after updating the CM!
- Foreign language users: Please reinitialize your preferred language with the configurator.
Purpose of this mod
- Unified Engine; play the game (HL2 / EP1 / EP2) with the latest Orangebox engine / Advanced HDR / Dynamic Shadows
- Enhance the old HL2 maps with HDR, blooming, color-correction, new props, dynamic shadows
- Eliminate all blurry / Low-res textures with new Hi-res textures and/or Hi-res-Detail-Overlays
- Give the HL2 trilogy a more stressed, darker and uncomfortable look
- Enhance the soundtrack with a semi-dynamic new Hollywood-style music
- Add optional HD characters
- Add more replay-value
- Todo: Jamil Mullen based HD-Alyx (still not satisfied with my current work.)
- Todo: Valve-style HD-Alyx. I'll wait for the enhanced EP3 model to work with.