Exterminatus Alpha 7.33 features new specialist weapons, a flamer and plasmagun. Added ammo shrines to enable to marines to trade rewards for ammo.
Posted by ChromeAngel on Mar 1st, 2013
This is a round up of all the changes since the Exterminatus Beta 7.25 that was released before Christmas 2012.
- New Flamer wargear for the weapons Specialist class (alternate wargear to the meltagun), model by Farseer and Stahlhagel, animation, coding and textures by ChromeAngel, effects by The VMan
- New Plasmagun wargear for the weapons Specialist class (alternate wargear to the meltagun) , models by Konstantin Georgeevich, animation, coding and textures by ChromeAngel, effects by The VMan
- Powerup the plasmagun
by holding the attack key, maximum charge is reached after 2 seconds.
The longer you hold the more damage it does.
- Ammo Shrine map
entity, marines USE to spend reward points on extra ammo. Model by
Stahlhagel, textures, animation and coding by ChromeAngel.
- New ex_obj_ console variables for tweaking the size and visibility of the HUD objective icons
- Many new particle effects by The VMan
- Switched Powerfist view model to use TheVman's powerfield FX (needs tuning)
- Added VMan's powerfield FX to the Powersowrd view model.
- Added a "lit" skin to Farseer's lamp post prop at Dark Marine's request.
- Nerfed Stealers by increasing the time between leaps
- Buffed the Assault Marine by reducing his cost from 75 points to 50
- Improved knife range and damage and added console variables for tuning them.
- Nerfed Fex armor to make it vulnerable to flames in the same way as melta weapons.
- Nerfed venom cannon rate of fire and area of effect.
- Halved the time it takes to switch to the missile launcher and enabled loading up to 3 missiles.
- New tracer and impact effects for Bolt weapons by The VMan
- New Venom Cannon impact by The VMan
- New Warp Blast effect by The VMan
- Performance tweaks for the Venom Cannon and Carnifex models
- Updated Ichar IV (Loxn's original) to use new wall lamps and include 2 ammo shrines.
- Made thumbnail preview images for all 101 EX props, this should make it much easier for mappers to find the right prop for the job.
- Changed the blue hulk style door skin to have a gunmetal coloured frame rather than bronze and added a whole new skin with bronze colouring (to match the wall panel set).
- Changed the stormbolter to work from player main ammo, to work with Ammo Shrines
- Tweaked how Carnifex armor handles flame and melta weapons.