I like to announce EVE: RTS (work name) It's a mod about EVE Online developed by myself, featuring ships and other objects directly from the original Game. Models and Textures were extracted using TriExporter. CCP confirmed that I can use their Artwork. (see end of summary)
Password: "EVERTS0.21A" This is an updated second version of the mod. A few changes have been made because of community feedback. Check Description for fixes and Installation instructions.
EVE: RTS (work name)
It's a mod about EVE Online developed by myself,
featuring ships and other objects directly from the original Game.
Models and Textures were extracted using TriExporter.
CCP confirmed that I can use their Artwork.
Quote from CCP's message:
2011.10.05 18:54:00 CCP Wrangler
(wich should allow me to use their stuff for the mod.)
"As long as you don't charge for the mod or otherwise make any profit,
and as long as you give us (CCP) credit for the artwork and such,
there shouldn't be any problems with this mod."
Alpha 2.1 Fixes are: ( Download: Installation info:
1.Download and extract the file.
Choose the Password wich fits to your version
2.Copy contents of the Data-folder over to Homeworld 2 Data-folder
(The path should be: ...\Homeworld2\Data\)
3.Create a Desktop-shortcut of Homeworld2.exe
(you can find it in: ...\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\)
4.Now go to your Dektop and follow this instructions:
- look for Homeworld 2 shortcut.
- right click and select properties
- In the next window, select the Shortcut tab.
- Look for "Target:".
- You target Line should look like this:
- Maybe there are quotation mark around it. Remove them.
- Now add:" -hardwarecrusor -overridebigfile -ssNoLogo -luatrace"
- Click on Apply and you are ready.
5.Try to start the game with you new Shortcut now.
Credits and thanks to:
- for allowing me to use their great stuff (Models/Textures)Take a look at their Game at:
Babylon 5 Mod team and CnlPepper:
- for some effects and Shader 2.0
- for some Explosion and weapon effects
Blue Planet Mod:
- for their HD Backgrounds
crazyscientest and Cingularity for:
- Information Support and Ideas
- Alpha testing and feedback
And a special Thanks to:
- All the great programmers that worked on Programs like CFHodED and Co.
They finally made Homeworld 2 modding accessible to everyone.- the Windows "Editor" - one of the best modding tools on the market ;-)
And now ... have fun with my mod.