EVE: RTS (work name)
It's a mod about EVE Online developed by myself,
featuring ships and other objects directly from the original Game.
Models and Textures were extracted using TriExporter.
CCP confirmed that I can use their Artwork.
Quote from CCP's message:
2011.10.05 18:54:00 CCP Wrangler
(wich should allow me to use their stuff for the mod.)
"As long as you don't charge for the mod or otherwise make any profit,
and as long as you give us (CCP) credit for the artwork and such,
there shouldn't be any problems with this mod."
Alpha 2.1 Fixes are: ( Download: Gamefront.com )
- Changes from Hotfix already build in
- Old Wreckage system returned
- Maximum amount of Wreckages chooseable in skirmish options.
- All bigger then Frigate has a Wreckage
- Wreckages stay 20 Minutes. If there are more then the set number of Wreckages, they disappear after 1 Minute.
- Industrials have only effect Wreckage, so they don't block dockpoints if killed
- Some additional fixes on maps
- skirmish option to disable sector income to play only with Industrials (Deathmatch style)
Alpha 2 Features are:
- Ships and other models from the Eve Online Universe
- Amarr playable
- Gamemode Sector Conquest
- Shipwreckages - spawned as effect - collision removed due to pathfinding issues.
- 2 Maps to test the Gameplay
1.Download and extract the file.
Choose the Password wich fits to your version
2.Copy contents of the Data-folder over to Homeworld 2 Data-folder
(The path should be: ...\Homeworld2\Data\)
3.Create a Desktop-shortcut of Homeworld2.exe
(you can find it in: ...\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\)
4.Now go to your Dektop and follow this instructions:
- look for Homeworld 2 shortcut.
- right click and select properties
- In the next window, select the Shortcut tab.
- Look for "Target:".
- You target Line should look like this:
- Maybe there are quotation mark around it. Remove them.
- Now add:" -hardwarecrusor -overridebigfile -ssNoLogo -luatrace"
- Click on Apply and you are ready.
5.Try to start the game with you new Shortcut now.
Credits and thanks to:
Babylon 5 Mod team and CnlPepper:
- for some effects and Shader 2.0
- for some Explosion and weapon effects
Blue Planet Mod:
- for their HD Backgrounds
crazyscientest and Cingularity for:
- Information Support and Ideas
- Alpha testing and feedback
And a special Thanks to:
- All the great programmers that worked on Programs like CFHodED and Co.
They finally made Homeworld 2 modding accessible to everyone.
- the Windows "Editor" - one of the best modding tools on the market ;-)
And now ... have fun with my mod.
Ok, thank you for all your feedback and ideas.
I think we have a pretty good combination of gameplay elements now and the mod is on a good way.
Status at the moment:
- We can not have a construction effect so
- All ships are called in as Reinforcement
- They can be called from Gates and some other ships (no easy to get)
- Sector buildslots can "build" Gates, Defenses or other functional stations
- Sectors are some sort of small map on their own - but on your real map
- Industrials "harvest" at platforms and later unload at industrial dropoff stations or Frighters
- Owning a Sector will grant access to the objects connected to it
- Owning this Objects may also generate Income
- You travel at least 10 times faster if not in a Sector
- You can only call in Reinforcements inside a sector
- You can only fight inside a Sector
- You only can see enemy players Stuff inside a sector if one of your ships is inside
- You should be able to easily add new maps to the mod. Even if you are new to scripting.
- If you know how spherical coodrinates work you should be able to create whatever you like to see with the given Objects.
Introduce passive research - The idea:
- You build a research Station in a Sector wich will grant you "research points"
- There may be different types of research stations - like Weapon, Armour, Regeneration, ....
- Regarding to the type of station you will unlock research over time
- Research would increase an attribute with +5% (like eve leveling for most ships)
- Research could also unluck ships chassis over time
- Ancient race objects on the map wich may be salvaged to get additional research unlocks
There are also a few other ideas regarding gamemodes,
but before thinking about another gamemode i should finish this one and get it online.
As always I'm still open to new Ideas, critics . . . wahtever.
P.S. Should I try to set up a forum here?
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.