Ethas: Embrace of Destiny is a modification for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim being developed by Justin Hardin and Elijah Houck, the team that brought you the mod Alton, Il. for Fallout 3. In Embrace of Destiny, you will explore the lands of Arelia and Virardan, two countries currently at war with each other. Your role starts you out as one of the five famous Captains of the Arelian Army. Choices will be made, and sides will be chosen. There is only one question that remains: will you become the hero or the villain?
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Level Designers located Anywhere.
Posted by Moddb.com on
Hey everybody, Elijah Houck here, co-creator and lead world/level designer for Ethas: Embrace of Destiny (http://www.moddb.com/mods/ethas-embrace-of-destiny) and creator of Alton, IL. We're looking to add one more talented level designer to help us shape our current project, Ethas. The mod spans the entirety of two countries, with a total playable area that is a tad larger than Skyrim. We are an experienced team with most of us having large completed projects under our belt, and as such, we are looking for somebody that knows their stuff!
What you'll be doing:
* Helping shape the world of Ethas, a land made of many diverse environments
* Creating interesting and unique dungeons and various other interiors, including large, living towns
* Crafting narrative through exploration, using the land and the spaces below it to help tell a story
It would be great if...:
* You have experience designing exterior locations for large-world projects
* You have created one or more well-crafted dungeons
* You have plenty of experience in the Creation Kit or other Bethesda editors
* Any other relevant skills (modeling, scripting, etc.) are not required, but would be a huge plus!
We're a very laid back and fairly small (on purpose) team. As anyone on the team can tell you, Justin (who is the other co-creator) and I don't bark out orders - we let the team have freedom to work on what they want. Sure, we occasionally have deadlines if we want to show off a certain part of Ethas by a certain date, but for the most part, it's up to you.
We synchronize all of our material through Dropbox, so if you have an account, that'd be great! If not, we'll help you get one set up and linked to our team folder. We also have an IRC channel, and it is our main means of communication with the team.
Email us at email@example.com and include photos, videos, or links to past projects.