Estranged, the story of a lone fisherman, stranded on a mysterious island during a violent storm. Explore rich environments and meet the curious inhabitants of the island as you find a way back to the mainland.
Quality bad game IMHO
Let me explain it to you. Somehow it combines finest moments with terrible ones.
+ Absolutely gorgeous ambient music
+ Lovely lighting
+ Good UI design
- Absolutely awful choice for footsteps sound. My had actually started to hurt I'm not exaggerating!
- Lack of ambient soundscape in general
- Terrible firefights. That is corridor shooter for you!
- Puzzles with in-your-face solutions
- Boring level design. Too much of straight lines I guess.
Overall outcome is mediocre at best.
Enjoyed the mod well. Some textures does not fit themselves, but as it's still beta i'll stay with 10/10:
* Like the music, new models and weapons reworks
* New zombies with new movement animations
* Some spaces are a little too empty, i would add some signs on the walls, cables or other details to corridors in the corporation building
* Opponents are pretty hard with melee weapons (it's positive), unfortunately very easy with ranged guns
* Pretty nice events and scripts.
* Dynamic Atmosphere
* Voice Acting
* Can't wait for Act II
This is the best HL2 mod I've played yet (with an exception of Black Mesa). Everything was amazing, and extremely intense. The voice acting wasn't half-bad either. The only thing that bothers me is the gun animations, but that doesn't effect the gameplay. Also, the part where the guy you find at the house shoots the zombie is a little buggy (that, or it's just my computer). The thing I liked the most about this, though, is the awesome storyline, and the details of the maps.
I can't wait for you guys's next release. Keep Up the good work!