* UPDATE: Version 0.2 released. AI now works! * Works in both demo and full versions. * Only Space Marines are modded for now. Check the screenshots for...
UPDATE February 2006: OK, IT IS DEAD
Work on this mod has stopped again - and this time I have no intention of resuming. For my full list of reasons see here: Forums.relicnews.com
If you wish to adopt this mod you are welcome to it.
But in summary:
* The DOW engine scales badly. Large armies choke the fastest of computers.
* Vehicle pathfinding is shocking and use of transports difficult/impossible.
* Difficulties animating and importing Titan models.
* Poor mod tools, shortage of developer support and missing documentation.
* No C/C++ SDK to implement missing/broken features.
* Lack of active participation in mod and lack of feedback from players of the beta.
UPDATE September 2005: MOD IS NOT DEAD.
After an 8 month delay due to personal priorities I am resuming development of this mod. The mod team has new members and we require more. If you ever wanted to contribute to a mod now is the time. Version 0.3 will be released in two weeks and will resolve the incompatibilities. I already have a working installer but the AI is busted. Version 0.4 is planned for release before Christmas. The aim for that release is to have REAL titan models, an army builder and online play.
Anyone asking how to uninstall the mod didn't read the instructions. They can be found at the sites homepage. Future releases will have an installer.
ABOUT EPIC LEGIONS:
Epic Legions brings you Epic Warhammer 40K battles. Build an army with the Army Generator and then jump straight in to the action. There are no resources to collect or bases to build. Just capture strategic points and smash your opponents to dust!!
If you've never played Epic (once called Space Marine now Epic Armageddon) then you simply havent lived. If you have played, then you're going to F*&cking cream yourself.
Now stop reading and checkout the screenshots here:
Deuces Wild Dev. Co. has commenced work on "Warhammer 40,000: Epic Legions" mod for the DOW Soulstorm game! This is the big one! Watch out for more details soon...The original "Epic Legions" mod by Spliff will remain as is for the original "Dawn of War" game, although few people play it. Its time for the real deal!