Sins of a Solar Empire is often described as a 4XRTS game, or a game that tried to merge the action and tactics packed gameplay of a Real time strategy game with the deep, complex, empire wide strategy of a 4X turn based game. It's up to debate whether Sins succeeded in this goal, but I think all can agree that of the 4Xs of "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate", Sins is much more focused on the exterminate than on the others. This mod seeks to give more depth to the other 3Xs of the game by adding additional game elements or refining the existing ones to reward players who give more strategic thought to the non-combat side of the game. Combat will still be the center point of the game, but players will find that the non-combat options available will be much more rewarding. Spying, exploring, sabotage, diplomacy, culture, and economic development have all been added or changed in innovative new ways. Regardless of what you think Sins is, this is the 4XRTS it should have been.

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Enhanced 4X 1.6 To Do/Wish list (Mods : Enhanced 4X Mod : Forum : General : Enhanced 4X 1.6 To Do/Wish list) Locked
Thread Options
GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
May 7 2013, 1:51am Anchor

Alright everyone, now that Stardock has finally announced that the next patch for Rebellion is coming soon, it's time to start thinking about Enhanced 4X 1.6. While E4X will not be updated for the beta of Rebellion 1.5, I do want it updated soon after the official patch.

As part of that, if there are any last minute bug fixes or requests, now's the time to say them. Even if I already said I would do it, mention it again here, I sometimes forget such things. ;) If you have a particularly length request, you may want to make your own thread in the Requests forum and then link it here. 

I've probably done a lot more than this, but here's what is currently in the changelog as far as fixes go.

  • Increased the Area of Effect of the TEC titan's flak upgrade to 1500.
  • Wormholes now have the proper mine limit of 10 per player.
  • The Advent's Fluxuating Shields capitalship upgrade now displays the correct description.
  •  

Edited by: GoaFan77

May 12 2013, 6:09am Anchor

I'd love to see you add a Rogue race. If you have played danman's 7deadly sins mod then you'll know what I mean. If not I'm sure there are comparable mods that have beefed up pirates. He uses Pirate capital ships, dunno where from and many other ships to have a well rounded race that has a very unique playstyle. Other than that... I think the capital ships hull points should be boosted 10-20% across the board... Im finding they die rather quickly in engagements with fleets. Great mod tho. Thank you for making it.

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
May 12 2013, 2:50pm Anchor

Yeah, Sins of a Fallen has something similar. I don't think there will be any radical pirate changes in Enhanced 4X, but I am 90% sure their will be pirate capitalships in Interregnum. ;)

If you're not playing with the Faster Combat minimod the damage rates for most ships should be the same as Vanilla, maybe a little bit higher for some factions due to special research. You do have to be very careful with capitalships late game, but if you make good use of healing and defensive abilities they should last a while, at least against the AI. Human players will just focus fire on them and any HP increase won't make much of a difference.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

May 22 2013, 6:44pm Anchor

Please fix the bug that causes freezing some hours into the game when playing the advent orthodox! I believe it has been noted before but this makes that faction neigh unplayable and they are my favorite.

Other than that, if we're talking really wild ideas, how about a hidden feature on planets that when the vasari loyalists scrap the planet cause it to turn into an ancient superweapon which targets nearby colonies and begins wiping them out like a novalith cannon. It will need to spawn a relatively powerful fleet to protect it as well. Also, it would be nice if computer vasari loyalists could starts scrapping planets. I've never seen them do that

Edit: Also I'm finding that advent adjudicators still want to wander into a starbase's range before firing.It is possible to post them outside that range with some work but its very inconvenient and it gets a lot of my ships killed. I think the torpedo cruisers do it too but the extended range tech for missiles takes care of that. Besides that, I've also run into a bug where the vasari structure killing nanites just forgot how to attack anything so you might want to take a look at that.

It would also be nice if the Transencia's ability where it disables enemy ships' maneuvering abilities instead did something else that was actually useful. Perhaps it could interfere with their targeting systems instead.

Edited by: Muan

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
May 23 2013, 12:40pm Anchor

Hey Muan

1. Yeah, that freeze is bizarre. I have plenty of saves to try and track it down, but its going to require a good weekend to figure that out probably.

2. That seems a bit powerful to give to the Vasari Loyalist, but I was toying around with an Antarian invasion kind of idea for a while. It might be possible to do but I think a lot of players would get more annoyed by it than anything. Maybe for a custom map...

3. I wish I could fix more of that general AI stupidity. I don't really know what else to do but to extend its range, which is really just a band-aid for the problem.

4. I actually find the mass disorientation to be extremely useful. Not only does it lock the enemy in place for repeated meteor storm attacks, but they kind of spin around randomly, so several ships end up facing the wrong way and can't attack.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

May 25 2013, 9:41pm Anchor

You might consider adding some more variation to the sound track. The built-in themes get really irritating after a while. I don't know what I'd suggest you look for more tracks, but I'd stick to orchestral themes. I'm listening to Shadow of the Colossus OST right now and a couple of tracks from that might work well.

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
May 26 2013, 1:05am Anchor
Muan wrote:You might consider adding some more variation to the sound track. The built-in themes get really irritating after a while. I don't know what I'd suggest you look for more tracks, but I'd stick to orchestral themes. I'm listening to Shadow of the Colossus OST right now and a couple of tracks from that might work well.

I'm not going to touch the soundtrack because I want the mod to still work with user created music mods or any music mods others may create and share. That way each player is free to listen to whatever they wish. My own music replacement mod is mostly a mix of techno and ambient stuff but to each his own.  ;)

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Jun 6 2013, 3:03am Anchor

Two ideas that came into my mind this night. As always I don't know if and how they are even possible to implement since I am not into the code of soase.

Idea 1:
What bugs me most about soase is that every corner of the universe in this game seems the same. It doesn't matter if I colonize region A or Region B. It would be cool to have some unique planets which have their own name and a unique bonus (and penalty maybe) and in some cases a own minor faction which defends this planet. Conquering this planets in the first place should be really tough.
Example of such a planet:

Name: Ra'Dolus
Typ: Desert
Natives: Ra species (uses Vasari ships and structures to defend their homeworld)
Bonus: The Ra are masters of metallurgy. Refineries on their world have a expanded range (over three instead of one jump) and/or efficiency. Additional they have a structure over their planet whit the unique ability to increase the HP of Cruisers and Capital Ships by 5%. (This would work like the ship factory abilities.)

Idea 2:
It would be great to have the possibility to take over the infrastructure of your enemies planets when you conquer them. Why should I destroy every facility and every tradeport if I could easily conquer them and use them by myself or at least self destruct them after I conquered the planet so I can use the resources for building my own infrastructure. Of course the last would be better at the long term since my own structures benefit from my research. Maybe some kind of boarding frigates with the ability to take enemy structures over would be possible?

I had a third idea but I forget it. Maybe it will come back to my mind later.

Edited by: Vegas

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jun 6 2013, 5:01pm Anchor
Vegas wrote:Two ideas that came into my mind this night. As always I don't know if and how they are even possible to implement since I am not into the code of soase.

Idea 1:
What bugs me most about soase is that every corner of the universe in this game seems the same. It doesn't matter if I colonize region A or Region B. It would be cool to have some unique planets which have their own name and a unique bonus (and penalty maybe) and in some cases a own minor faction which defends this planet. Conquering this planets in the first place should be really tough.
Example of such a planet:

Name: Ra'Dolus
Typ: Desert
Natives: Ra species (uses Vasari ships and structures to defend their homeworld)
Bonus: The Ra are masters of metallurgy. Refineries on their world have a expanded range (over three instead of one jump) and/or efficiency. Additional they have a structure over their planet whit the unique ability to increase the HP of Cruisers and Capital Ships by 5%. (This would work like the ship factory abilities.)

Idea 2:
It would be great to have the possibility to take over the infrastructure of your enemies planets when you conquer them. Why should I destroy every facility and every tradeport if I could easily conquer them and use them by myself or at least self destruct them after I conquered the planet so I can use the resources for building my own infrastructure. Of course the last would be better at the long term since my own structures benefit from my research. Maybe some kind of boarding frigates with the ability to take enemy structures over would be possible?

I had a third idea but I forget it. Maybe it will come back to my mind later.


I think you'll find something kind of like your first idea in the next patch. ;) Sadly planet names have to be to be random on random maps, you can only set specific names on maps made with the galaxy forge. But there will be a new type of planet with a very unique history and abilities to it.

For the second one,  in the Rebellion beta there was a bug where the Corsev could actually take over structures, but that didn't work as well as you'd think. There was all kind of bugs like your enemies culture continuing to be spread when capturing a culture center or being unable to use captured frigate factories. Basically the game sadly cannot handle capturing many types of structures, so I've limited them to specific neutral objects I know will work.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Jun 10 2013, 8:34am Anchor

would it be possible to implement some way to encourage mutual allies to stop fighting each other? i know it's possible in the base game by giving them donation missions but it's frustratingly indirect and they never get a cease fire no matter how high their relations are. i thought i would bring this up here since the mod already improves the diplomacy system a lot

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jun 10 2013, 12:17pm Anchor
a110 wrote:would it be possible to implement some way to encourage mutual allies to stop fighting each other? i know it's possible in the base game by giving them donation missions but it's frustratingly indirect and they never get a cease fire no matter how high their relations are. i thought i would bring this up here since the mod already improves the diplomacy system a lot

I'll check but that's a potentially pretty complicated situation, and if their relationship values were already high enough there is nothing I can do to force the AI to accept a cease fire. At best I could just increase their relationship values.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Jun 28 2013, 9:05am Anchor

Something I just saw in another mod and which seems to make a good deal of sense was scaling up the size of the TEC Loyalist titan as it seems somewhat small compared to the others.

Edited by: Muan

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jun 28 2013, 3:22pm Anchor
Muan wrote:Something I just saw in another mod and which seems to make a good deal of sense was scaling up the size of the TEC Loyalist titan as it seems somewhat small compared to the others.

Agreed, I actually meant to do that in the Rebellion beta... :dead:

Edit: The TEC titan is officially 10% bigger. ;)

Edited by: GoaFan77

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Jun 29 2013, 7:56pm Anchor

You should def create a scaled planet and sun minimod for this to add more depth and realism. Plus its cool looking at ships being dwarfed by realistically sized planets. It should be optional for people with good pcs to handle it. Just look at the scaled mod for infinite space.

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jun 29 2013, 8:22pm Anchor
DiviAugustus wrote:You should def create a scaled planet and sun minimod for this to add more depth and realism. Plus its cool looking at ships being dwarfed by realistically sized planets. It should be optional for people with good pcs to handle it. Just look at the scaled mod for infinite space.

I replied to one of your comments earlier. ;) I'd like to do that but it's kind of a pain to do and would make adding new features a bit harder because I'd have to do it once for the main mod then make a rescaled version. I'd like for E4X to be mostly finished up before doing that.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Jul 2 2013, 1:08am Anchor

Haha my bad for spamming. I just think it'll be pretty interesting. The mod is incredible, besides half-way through the game, it randomly just crashes, but that might be my graphics card stressing out. Otherwise, yeah it'll be difficult because you have to resize all the particles and stuff as well right?

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jul 2 2013, 11:56am Anchor
DiviAugustus wrote:Haha my bad for spamming. I just think it'll be pretty interesting. The mod is incredible, besides half-way through the game, it randomly just crashes, but that might be my graphics card stressing out. Otherwise, yeah it'll be difficult because you have to resize all the particles and stuff as well right?

Yeah, though it maybe made somewhat easier by using the particles Axeldude has already resized. The real issue is that anytime I change or add a particle or mesh it will need to be resized, which is annoying to do. Next time I talk to Axel I'll see if he has any tips, and I might check if it's possible to automate the process.

Random crashes are usually caused by Sins running out of RAM, reducing your graphics settings usually fixes it.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Jul 16 2013, 3:33am Anchor

i played very long this mod  like it so far acept  Advent (it was my favorite race) because the culture spread rate is just radiculis  fast and there is no way for other races  to resist it. Would't it be better if the culture would  decrease population on planets from time to time or suck tax income from plenet and not  make them completly
uncolonizeable! I believe the allied AI  never search for artifakts and it ould be great if there would be an option to trade artifakts!

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Jul 17 2013, 3:07am Anchor
keydim wrote:i played very long this mod  like it so far acept  Advent (it was my favorite race) because the culture spread rate is just radiculis  fast and there is no way for other races  to resist it. Would't it be better if the culture would  decrease population on planets from time to time or suck tax income from plenet and not  make them completly
uncolonizeable! I believe the allied AI  never search for artifakts and it ould be great if there would be an option to trade artifakts!

How early in the game is this? Are you sure the AI didn't have a lot of culture centers built as well? I've seen them build 5 or more on a single world and then players complain when their one culture center can't keep it at bay.

The AI most definitely will search for artifacts. Sometimes they find them before I do. :-p And yes, sadly artifacts cannot be traded or shared, that is something we'll need the Devs to implement.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.