Elder Kings is an Elder Scrolls themed total conversion for the Paradox Development Studio game Crusader Kings 2. It allows players to live out their dreams of ruling one of the great realms of Tamriel and leading their dynasty through it's various eras and challenges. While still effectively a Work-In-Progress Project, Elder Kings still offers one of the biggest gameplay experiences available for a released CK2 mod!
I love this concept, its just a little buggy in some places :( i cant manage to do anything with my steward without my game crashing,
This mod is amazing, I'd say it is the best mod for CK2 I've ever seen. Here is why:
1. World - it's really huge (1 whole continent and a part of the 2n one); lore-accurate provinces; pretty and realistic terrain paintings; on-map 3D buildings are unique to each race.
2. Races (cultures) - you can play roughly 25 races, most of them with unique portraits and culture traits. You can play as a "normal race" or as undead Draugrs, extinct Falmers, Oblivion's Dremoras and more.
3. Traits - apart from vanilla traits, each character bears a birthsign and a race-determining trait. There are 15(!) professions (vs 4 in vanilla), each having four levels of mastery. Also, being an immortal vampire or lycanthrope is determined by trait. Minor changes in genetic traits and improvements in illness system.
4. Titles - awesome "forfeit and unite" system implemented for crafting High Kingdoms, which do not exist (even de jure) until you unite some "minor" kingdoms (do not confuse with duchies) under your rule and by Decisions window choose to merge them into one High Kingdom. Most of empires are crafted the same way, and a name (and banner) of an empire depends on which High Kingdoms you posess.
5. Events - you can undertake a pilgrimage to High Hrothgar and learn the goddamn Thu'um (if you're lucky). Sheorogath can pay you a visit - in one of his chests you can find nothing OR i.e. a strong claim on the Empire of Tamriel... Finally it may turn out that you are a Dragonborn. FUS-RO-DAH!
6. Magicka - it's a part of trait system and it yields a spellbook. Rituals, healthcare and oblivion invasions await you.
7. Province improvements and councillors - tons of buildings (ready to be described by some desperate guy :D ). New interesting jobs for councillors, one of which is almost necessary to forge the Empire of Tamriel. Also, there are minor titles you can give to people by Honours system - it gives you some fine profits.
I'm out of space, just go play it already :D
AMAZING MOD, spent hours playing. Miaq the liar/10
Une Conversion incroyable !
+La map juste gigantesque !
+Le nombre immense de traits, religions, cultures, tous fidèle à l'Univers.
+Le Thème principale lorsque l'on est à la sélection de son personnage. C'est juste un super plus :D !
As said on the comment section, I really like this mod.
Everything worked fine from installation to +/- advanced game, and I love the setting it's in. (TES rocks)
Definitely recommend trying this if you never did.
I just wanna say, it is amazing
A really Complex mod, that sends you straight to Tamriel. The best mod I've played so far!
Best mod for ck2 until now cant really decide between elder kings or game of thrones but until theb best 2 mids for ck2 out there.
I've spent way too much time on this mod, I honestly believe it has outstripped the time I spent on the original game. Looking forward to an update :)
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.