Elder Kings is an Elder Scrolls themed total conversion for the Paradox Development Studio game Crusader Kings 2. It allows players to live out their dreams of ruling one of the great realms of Tamriel and leading their dynasty through it's various eras and challenges. While still effectively a Work-In-Progress Project, Elder Kings still offers one of the biggest gameplay experiences available for a released CK2 mod!
After some initial hiccups that saw the new update delayed by 1 day, we're proud to announce the release of 0.1.2 of the Elder Kings modification.
- [Added] Normal Map (courtesy of Cabezaestufa)
- [Added] Placeholder Flags for all missing titles
- [Added] New completed flags to several titles.
- [Added] Mane trait.
- [Added] An event to gain the Amulet of Kings (Hint: It involves a certain Golden Hill and your Steward's Survey action).
- [Added] Event to change the Imperial Isle's capital holding to White-Gold Tower should you be a feudal ruler.
- [Added] Cultural Execution Decisions.
- [Added] New Ambition & CB - Warlord/Warlord Conquest; Using this CB will allow you to freely use the Warlord Conquest CB which has no requirements other than not incapable or infirm and having more than 100 prestige. Everyone else gains a "Depose Warlord" CB against the Warlord.
- [Added] Several new leadership traits.
- [Added] New "Employ Adventurers" and "Employ Bandits" decisions when a demesne province has the adventurers or bandits modifiers (replacing mercenaries).
- [Added] New build lists for Castles, Cities and Temples. "Tower" Holdings, special Baronies (White-Gold Tower, Adamantine Tower & Crystal-Like-Law) have completely independent custom building chains.
- [Added] Diseases have been overhauled, removing some old ones and relocalising existing ones, based mostly upon TES:Daggerfall.
- [Added] Prototype artefact inheritance & prisoner item confiscation.
- [Added] Characters with Imperial Legions will now get a triggered modifier that provides a bonus
- [Tweak] Edited Tenmar's border, bringing it further south to sever the small connection between Torval and Greenpoint.
- [Tweak] Armies are now about 1/3 faster than vanilla, Navies are only twice as fast as Armies now.
- [Tweak] Rightful Religious Head opinion mod boosted to +30
- [Tweak] Wrong Government Type opinion reduced to -15
- [Tweak] You can now use the Fabricate Claims job action on anywhere but your own vassals.
- [Tweak] Dukes and above can now use the "Liberate Countrymen" CB.
- [Tweak] Expanded the initial size of the Mane's personal demesne.
- [Tweak] Added 2 new characters in Elsweyr holding County level Temples directly under the Mane, switched a further 2 of the Mane's vassals to Temple holders.
- [Tweak] Rulers will no longer be assimilated by local culture.
- [Tweak] Changed color of Imperial Commune/Imperial Knights to a blueish color to match the new COA.
- [Tweak] Rumare Fleet is no longer a vassal of the Imperial Commune
- [Tweak] Nerfed Divayth
- [Tweak] Downgraded Legions to Counties, all vassal mercs will be counties from now on.
- [Tweak] Tweaked Culture Conversion
- [Tweak] Loosened requirements for adoption
- [Tweak] Survey job outcomes have been tweaked, increasing the likelihood of "good" outcomes.
- [Tweak] Atmora Changes; Reduced to 19 provinces/6 Duchies, placeholder character replaced with Draugr Lich-King, Draugr culture/dragoncult religion added across the snowscape.
- [Tweak] Redone resource system (the modifiers themselves now directly give the bonuses as the buildings weren't 100% functional).
- [Tweak] Optimised the current Spell set.
- [Tweak] Nerfed Summon Daedra.
- [Fix] Hundreds of localisation fixes.
- [Fix] Missing Lich trait icon.
- [Fix] Cosmetic issue where the entire world would be lit up green when Fabricating Claims.
- [Fix] You may no longer imprison/execute yourself through waylit siege events.
- [Fix] Added a couple of missing petty kingdom combinations for forming High Kingdoms.
- [Fix] Many Army positions.
- [Fix] Non-functional modifiers in buildings replaced with functional alternatives.
- [Fix] Orisimer Stronghold now requires the province be Orisimer in order to be built.
- [Fix] Fixed issue with Manes not having their mane, and non-Manes having manes.
- [Fix] Minor Title Auto Assigner event (there shouldn't be any duplicates of the Swordmaster or any other minor title in a single court now).
- [Fix] Narrative events not firing correctly or firing multiple times. They now use a new method of firing ensuring they will only fire once.
- [Fix] Non-Khajiits will no longer become manes.
- [Fix] Dozens of minor bug fixes.
- [Removed] Bandit Mercenaries (speed optimisation)
- [Removed] Adventurer Band Mercenaries (speed optimisation)
- [Removed] Retirement Event (speed optimisation)
- [Removed] Knightly Orders (speed optimisation)
- [Removed] Retinues until a patch from Paradox fixes the issue with inheritance of them (this also resolves our CTD issues).
- [Removed] New education system (until it's in a working state and the bugs are worked out, vanilla education will be restored).
Since 2002 we have explored, played and enjoyed mods of all shapes and sizes just like Elder Kings. We love games like Crusader Kings II that have opened themselves up to modding. Because of communities like Workshop, Nexus, Curse, RTSL, GameBanana and Mod DB, more games support modding today than ever before.
Let's celebrate modding
As mods play a bigger role in the future of gaming, we believe it is important to recognize the effort the teams behind the work put in, giving us countless hours of enjoyment while asking nothing in return. We have the power to change our games and that needs to be celebrated to ensure it remains a big part of PC gaming's future.
It all started
In 2015, when the paid modding dispute left many gamers and modders worried about the direction the industry is headed. Things have since settled down, but we believe it is important to continue this small tradition to show we are not alone in our love for mods, and the open platforms that embrace them.
Mod Appreciation Week
Nothing is more motivating than knowing something you've built is being enjoyed by others. So this week if there is a mod you love on Mod DB (or anywhere else), make the effort to shout out to them, mention and link their mod in a tweet, blog, forum or facebook post with the hashtag #modlove2016 (or click the icons above for a pre-built post).
Your comment "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" was successful. When a comment is deleted all replies to the comment will be removed as well. Because you are an admin, you can click the \"view deleted\" link above to view deleted comments in-case you wish to un-delete them in the future. If this was a mistake, click the "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" link again to reverse the change.