Return to the classic gameplay of the first Battle for Middle-earth, reimagined with countless new heroes, units and abilities. Journey deeper into Tolkien's world than ever before, relive the movies through meticulously crafted visuals and forge your path to victory in epic strategic battles.
Take command of seven unique factions and over 10 subfactions, with two more full factions underway!
Raise mighty castles, conquer settlements and outposts to rally your forces, then venture forth to lay siege to your foes.
Take the battle to new unique maps, including all from the first game and special missions.
Master the One Ring with unique Ring Heroes for every faction.
Lead dozens of new heroes or create your own custom hero with new abilities.
Discuss new ideas with the community and find solutions for problems and issues.
Greeting, Companions of Edain!
Today we released the Patch 4.3.1 for the demo of version 4.0. You can download it directly through the Update function of the Edain-Launcher.
If you do not yet have a version installed, you can download version 4.3 as complete setup package by clicking on the banner. Please note that patch 4.3.1 still has to be downloaded through the Update function of the Edain Launcher.
If you encounter any problems, head over to our Support Forums! The Edain Forum is also the best place to report bugs, share your feedback about the new version and discuss your ideas with the team, so don't hesitate to drop by!
-Many errors and inconsistencies have been fixed for a better gameplay experience. Among other things, the Rohan exile camp no longer generates infinite resources and the Legendary Heroes game mode should work without problems.
- Durmarth has been completely reworked and his appearance as guardsman adjusted to the current design of the Shadow Guard. He still excels at killing enemy heroes and protecting your own, but no longer freezes enemies.
-Due to unfixable errors Beregond has been reworked and will now only act in melee. In return, he packs even more powerful defensive abilities.
- Follow the Path of the Edain and explore the Evil that hides beneath Mount Gundabad with your own custom heroes. Check out the largest map ever created for Battle for Middle-earth with over 5 floors and more than 60 halls and rooms. Which choices will you make?
- Instead of the Barricade Mordor now has a new ability in its Spellbook: Sauron's Deadliest Servants. This unlocks all upgrades for the Nazgûl and fixes unsolvable bugs with the previous mechanic tied to Sauron's influence.
- Based on feedback of the community Gulzar and Mornamarth are now located in Angmar's outpost. You have to choose between them by research the outpost upgrade for the Men of Carn Dûm or the sorcerers. This makes that choice more impactful and Angmar's fortress less crowded with heroes.
- New Soundsets are waiting to be discovered, e.g. for Dain Ironfoot and the Dragonslayers. Our sincere thanks go out to the user Gimilzar!
- Some abilities now come with their own appropriate Hero Animations, e.g. Bofur'sChain Quake and Durmarth's Shield of the Guardsman.
- And many more changes!
Additionally there's been some rebalancing:
- Rhudaur Axe Throwers: Damage decreased by 10%
- Carn Dûm Bowmen: Now double their attack speed after the second consecutive volley instead of the third
- Snow Bind: Increased cost to 3 points
-Fell Wind: Increased reload time
- Avalanche: Decreased damage against buildings and units
- Outbreak: Decreased damage
- Summoned hilltrolls: Health and armor adjusted to normal troll values
- Rogash: Decreased damage and leap damage
- Gulzar's Plague Bearers: Decreased damage
- Hwaldar: Decreased damage and health
*Weakened effects of Blood and Iron
*Freezing Arrows now slow down by 40%
*Gift of Winter increases slow down by 50% instead of doubling it (meaning 60% in total)
*Shortened time until Frost Arrow Rain strikes down
*Slaughtering Stride now only knocks back units, not heroes or monsters
*Reload time of his ultimate ability increased by 50%
- Uruk Scouts: Increased melee damage by 10%
- Rohirrim (including Exiles, Royal Vanguard, Military-Camp-Variant), Axe Rohirrim and Warg Riders: Increased melee and trample damage by 10%
- Lorien Citadel and Mirkwood Citadel: Adjusted health and armor to be in line with other factions' citadels
- Mirkwood Archers: Increased damage with and without Silverthorns
- Ram Riders:
*Drastically increased recruitment time for the Scout
- Heroes are now slightly more vulnerable to melee attacks by regular units
- Temple of Twilight: Costs increased to 800
- Sorcerers of Angmar:
*Cost increased to 700, command points to 120 (same values as elite archers)
*Black Ice: Acolyte costs set to 3 and slow down adjusted to 40%
*Fell Strength: Acolyte costs set to 3. Effects enemies and allies in targeted area: Enemies deal -30% damage for 30 seconds, allies deal +30% damage for 30 seconds
*Soul Freeze: Acolyte costs set to 4. Radius decreased to 20% and duration set to 5 seconds. Now properly grants invulnerability for the duration
*Well of Souls: Decreased damage and healing
*Corpse Rain: Decreased damage by 25% and no longer knocks back enemies
- Increased melee damage of the Witch-king
And now, enjoy playing!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (112 agree) 10/10
You could think im exxagerating the value of this mod,but i can only tell you : try with your hands. Edain mod is without any doubt the best RTS based on the LotR series,and,but this is just my opinion,the best RTS overall. While being much more true to tolkien than any other EA's work,it combines great complexity with good-balance in an excellent way. But what,above all things,makes this mod stand out are the models of the units,heroes and buildings,just take a look to the gallery on the site…
Oct 19 2010 by TheMost
Lowest Rated (21 agree) 5/10
Mordor and other evil factions are overpowered including their heroes and ringheroes. Especially Lorien and Imladris are too weak and their ringheros are not powerful enough to be ringheroes (and Galadriel is far too weak to be Galadriel. Make it to be like in the Lone Wolf mod: two palantir and stronger powers, etc.)... All ringheroes should be as powerful as Sauron, because now it's not fair. Almost all good factions are underpowered. Ents should be better than trolls (except armoured ones), because…
Oct 17 2012 by TheLapari