The Edain Mod aims to take you deeper into Middle-Earth than ever before and turn the Battle for Middle-Earth II into a game worthy of Tolkien's books and Peter Jackson's movies. In our quest for lore accuracy, visual quality and deeper gameplay, we overhauled every aspect of the original game to craft a new and immersive Lord of the Rings experience.
While the One Ring has no lord but Sauron, there have always been those who sought to use its power for their own ends. In Edain, you no longer bring the Ring to your fortress to unlock just Sauron or Galadriel. Instead, you can give it directly to select heroes who will attempt to draw upon its powers, with varying consequences. Each faction has different Ring Heroes, allowing you to discover what could have been if Saruman the White had attained the One Ring, or if Denethor and Boromir had foolishly decided to use it as a weapon against the Enemy...
The fate of Middle-Earth has always been shaped by great heroes and villains, many of which never appeared in a Battle for Middle-Earth game before. Edain gives you the opportunity to stand in battle with new heroes like Thorin Oakenshield and his companions, Beregond and Imrahil or the sons of Elrond. Those with evil in their hearts may instead choose to share in the power of villains like Smaug or the Necromancer of Dol Guldur...
Furthermore, every existing hero has received new abilities and mechanics to more accurately represent his role in the books and movies. Aragorn, for instance, will start out as the ranger Strider and go from the defender of Helm's Deep to King Elessar of Gondor over the course of the game, gaining new abilities each time he takes a new step towards his destiny. Similiarly, Theoden will now accurately transform from a defeated pawn under Saruman's control to the heroic king who fought on the Pelennor fields.
Rohan and Lothlorien have been split from the Gondor and Rivendell factions to form new factions in their own right. The Rohirrim are a people of riders, evidenced by their powerful cavalry units, including the Royal Guard. Their infantry and archery are poor, but they can receive signifant aid from the inn by recruiting Elven archers and Druadan warriors. The Woodland Realm, on the other hand, lacks cavalry altogether. To compensate, they rely on unorthodox tactics such as stealth, speed and elven magic coupled with their formidable archers. They cannot easily expand their base, but all buildings are manned by archers to keep invaders at bay. Units like the animal empaths, who slow down enemy cavalry, and elven chanters, who support your army through their songs, provide veterans with exciting new strategies to master. Both factions also come with a completely unique set of spells, including powerful finishers like the Rohan spell, Last March of the Ents, which summons Treebeard and a host of Ents to your side.
All factions have been expanded with a large array of new units. Among them are the Gondor Citadel Guard, Lurtz's Uruk Scouts, Haldir's Galadhrim from the Battle for Helm's Deep and Orcs of Minas Morgul. All in all, Edain allows you to assemble your forces from a pool of twice as many units as before.
Furthermore, almost all existing units and heroes have received visual overhauls to eliminate issues like golden armor on Orcs and bring the visual style closer to the movies. For example, Aragorn will now wield the actual Anduril blade upon purchasing the respective spell instead of getting an exaggerated blue glow around his sword. Head to our gallery for more examples of the improvements we have made.
Follow your destiny... Middle-Earth awaits.
Today, Patch 4.2.1 for the Demo of Version 4.0 has been published. You can download it directly with the launcher, just use the update function.
If you don't have Edain 4.0 installed yet, just click on the banner below to download the demo. Note that you'll still have to update this version through the launcher to bring it up to version 4.2.1 and unlock the Elves.
If you have any problems, as usual, visit our Support-Forum!
Patch 4.2.1 continue to expand the faction Lothlorien, which was published for the last patch 4.2. In addition to some mechanical changes, this update is devoted mainly to the elimination of errors and improve some aspects of balance.
The following changes have been made:
- The AI acquires and uses now spellbook spell of the first row. Moreover, destroyed citadels should now be rebuilt.
- Lothlorien has now instead of Cloudbreak the spellbook spell Elbereth Gilthoniel. The concept has been developed by our community and we liked it very much!
- Chanteuse have an independent selection system whereby they are easier to handle.
- Various new Sounds have been involved, such as Sam's For Frodo. Here, too, we want to thank our community!
In addition, there are a number of balance changes:
- Costs of Lorien forge and sanctuary reduced to 650, Galadhrim-Quartier reduced to 750
- Costs of safe haven reduced to 1000, cost of camouflaged mist to 500
- Increased recharge time of Thranduil mobilization by 30%
- Revised armor of bow-sword-hybrids (less vulnerable to arrows)
- Curstomized the trample damage of every rider hero
- Beorn and Grimbeorn weakened, and involved the same transformation properties as the Beornings
* Can be ridden in human form
* Cost increased to 450, CP 60
* Cost of Beorning Hut increased to 500
* Damage in human form decreased to 600, in bear form decreased to 150
* Are more vulnerable to arrows
- Dragonslayer: damage with sword decreased to 800 (1250 with forged blades), with Mace decreased to 400 (650 with forged blades)
- Thranduil: Damage decreased to 280, surface damage with two swords by 20%
- Legolas Hawk Strike damage reduced and racharge time increased
- Mirkwood Swordmen: Damage decreased to 40, with blades 120, formation decreased to +50% armor, 50% damage
- Mirkwood Bowmen: increased damage to 24, with silverthornarrows additional 30 MAGIC
- Isengard Ballista: Cant any longer trample over any units
- Sorted Galadriel's skill set
- Galadhrim and Haldir's Galadhrim at Rohan:
* Cause with the bow +50% damage against other ranged infantry
* Cause with the sword +50% damage against other melee infantry, but not against archers
* Increased health points
* Increased damage
* Adapted to current Balance systems
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
Highest Rated (92 agree) 10/10
You could think im exxagerating the value of this mod,but i can only tell you : try with your hands. Edain mod is without any doubt the best RTS based on the LotR series,and,but this is just my opinion,the best RTS overall. While being much more true to tolkien than any other EA's work,it combines great complexity with good-balance in an excellent way. But what,above all things,makes this mod stand out are the models of the units,heroes and buildings,just take a look to the gallery on the site…
Oct 19 2010 by TheMost
Lowest Rated (21 agree) 5/10
Mordor and other evil factions are overpowered including their heroes and ringheroes. Especially Lorien and Imladris are too weak and their ringheros are not powerful enough to be ringheroes (and Galadriel is far too weak to be Galadriel. Make it to be like in the Lone Wolf mod: two palantir and stronger powers, etc.)... All ringheroes should be as powerful as Sauron, because now it's not fair. Almost all good factions are underpowered. Ents should be better than trolls (except armoured ones), because…
Oct 17 2012 by TheLapari