Dystopia is a is a total conversion of the Source Engine that places players into tense combat situations in a high-tech world spanned by computer networks. As Punks or Corporate Mercenaries, players will fight through the physical world to gain access, via Jack-in Points, to cyberspace. Cyberspace is a three dimensonal representation of the world's network. In cyberspace, players must fight off enemy hackers and launch programs to gain control of critical systems and to affect the physical world. Gameplay progresses through inter-linked physical and cyberspace objectives, and players must work together to achieve victory for their team. Players will be immersed in action-packed battles, whether as a heavily augmented combat mercenary armed to the teeth with the latest in firepower and cybernetic implants, or as a twitch-reflex cyberdecker racing to infiltrate a cyberspace node.
It's the end of the week and we've released our third major build in two days, things are speeding up for us. If you're interested in playing Blade Symphony, we have 500 keys beta keys available to people that read this post!
Posted by urinal-cake on Feb 18th, 2011
After a hard week of Podcasting with P17, updating our auto-updater and fixing some intense issues and adding more content -- Build 3 is out!
We thought it would be a great time to show some of the new stuff we've been working on and give out some keys for our closed beta of Blade Symphony. Remember, PHANs get immediate access!
Check out the changes..
Left: Testing reflective surfaces on maps Spire was working on.
Right: Mock-up of a redesign for the round start screen that Atomy implemented a week ago.
Left: Charles created an alternate skin for Ryoku. I just finished the skin selection code this week to try it out.
Right: Here's our new character selection screen. It's still work in progress of course.
Left: The first screenshot of District, the map we will release after Monastery.
Right: The final arena of Monastery, the Hallways.
Also PHAN club member Alice posted a series of really cool Blade Symphony videos on YouTube. Here's one of our favorites!
Additions & Changes:
- Added the Katana from Dystopia.
- Added a graphical menu for sword selection, default key is “L”.
- Added a graphical menu for character selection with model preview, default key is “K”
- Added skin support for models using vs_skin and vs_character
- Added second Ryoku skin.
- Optimized the Courtyard arena of duel_winter.
- Changed in-game chat to be readable by dead players as well.
- Changed “stacatto_black” sword name to Stacatto Black.
- Cleaned up the round overview screen to removed extraneous elements.
- Added a check for unranked players.
- Added rank color highlight.
- [#3261][#3181][#3170] Added fading when camera is too close to character.
- Changed display name of Knight to “Judgement.”
- Changed scoreboard formatting.
- Added global ranking stat to scoreboard.
- [#3254] Added basic bow mechanic
- Fixed character selection Accept and Cancel button widths.
- Fixed an animation ragdoll assert.
- [#3224] Fixed chat HUD going away on spawn.
- Fixed chat bubble starting at weird angles when dashing or backflips.
- [#3211]Fixed crash on map change when player entity memory address changes.
- [#3262] Fixed for reverse stance and heavy stance run animation.
- [#3166][#3137] Fixed reverse stance sword flip.
- [#3200] Fixed Heavy String 2 Tier 1 and Tier 2 transitions.
- [#3198] Fixed Changing stances affecting attack charge speed.
- Fixed incorrect sword selection load on spawn.
- [#3241] Fixed bug where round start displayed wrong names for spectators.
- [#3270] Fixed client crash on random map change in mid-round.
- Fixed prediction error for action animation durations.
- [#3226] Players start in non-default poses after round start
- [#3263] Fixed floating spawn points on duel_winter
- [#3133][#3197] Fixed partially cut off shadows on deck and courtyard arena in Winter.
Also, we've been at work on a stats system for Blade Symphony, thanks to our stats pro; mindstormmaster. Using this system, you can also check out the player activity. Although, we'll talk more about stats in a future post.
To get into the closed beta, simply go to Blade-symphony.com and signup using the code " 79f9116126c6d94e " without the quotes. Be sure to correctly enter your SteamID and e-mail. This key is only valid for a limited number of usages, so sign up quickly!
Grab the latest server package at here.