Added Heavy Pistols option, Stick on enemy tripbombs, Added civilians and civilian rescue system, Added a large number of prop models, including vehicles, added new upgrade items (that at the moment can have to manually be placed into maps), Added "Super Trooper" enemy & new models for Battlelord gun and the trooper laser pistol & much more.
2.35 1-5-13 Maintenance release
- Fixed some case mismatches and other nonfatal definition errors
- Includes latest EDuke32 and Mapster32 binaries
- Added "Super Trooper" enemy by Muelsa; he made the model, code, everything. I just added some tweaks to better integrate it into DP. There is an option in the DP menu to make Super Troopers randomly replace regular troopers.
- Added new models for the Battlelord gun and the trooper laser pistol, also by Muelsa. Excellent work!
- Civilians needing rescue now have an arrow over their heads making them easier to spot (arrow art by DanM)
- Reduced gore to more performance friendly levels (there's still plenty, though)
- Added a hack --temporary, I presume-- so that Polymer lights created by SE49 and SE59 will work in the latest build of eduke32
- A few other minor bug fixes
- Added Heavy Pistols option
- Sticky tripbombs: you can now place tripbombs directly on monsters, instead of placing them on walls
- Added civilians and civilian rescue system (only for coded female civilian). She can walk, talk, die, etc.
- Added a large number of prop models, including vehicles, thanks to DanM and Black Rayne Studios. The vehicles and some of the other models have correct clipping areas because of the included clipshape map.
- Added upgrade items for granting the following abilities: increase max health, increase max armor, bleeding wounds, incendiary explosives, piercing bullets, and weapon stun. Currently, these items will not appear unless placed in maps.
- NOISESPRITE can now play a sound on activation.
- Some optimizations for Polymer.
- Improved Dukebike steering
- Improved look of the smoke gust effect
- Bots don't jump around so much
- Blackhawk helicopter can now be used instead of the standard Duke 3D one, for the helicopter effect
- Various bug fixes and code cleanup.
- Comes with new and improved version of EDuke32