Dragonmod Z Classic was released on 12/25/2004.
I need to update this profile more often. :P
"Keep in mind that the majority of the content are two or more years old. Don't let it detract from your experience. As stated in previous posts, most of the maps, models, etc were finished early in production and sat around as the coding and animation attempted to finish up. "
"-THIS IS NOT 1.8. We chose to polish up 1.7WR and release it as DMZ Classic because it is in a more complete and enjoyable state opposed to 1.8. Juging from the current state, It would take too long for 1.8 to come out with all the planned bells and whistles functioning."
Dragonmodz Classic Changes/Additions since 1.7
-DMZ_ShoresWinter (Edit of DMZ_Shores)
-DMZ_MysticWinter (Texture edit of DMZ_Mystic)
-DMZ_Outworldtourneyment (Map contest winner: 2002)
-Attack sprites redone
-New Hud with character icons
-New splash images
-New gameplay mode: Dragonball Rush (DBR)
-Mini menu (command client): Server, Player, and Mp3 options.
-New menu system
-After image after Zaoken
-KI blasts can be charged for extra damage
-New ssj transformation effects
-New aura and turbo effects
-Recoded hyperpunch system
Fixes and Balances:
- Genocide can occur in rapid waves
- Teleportation distance increased X2
- Buu now releases more ki balls that do more damage during genocide.
- Tweaked the blast radious on Frieza's deathball.
- Fixed players dmz_state not being propogated to other clients.
- Player can move while charging generic ki blasts\beams.
- Flaws in 3d drawing code fixed.
- Fixed brollys knockout blast.
- Changed how powering up in the air animates.
- Lowered speed of homing balls from 800us-1 to 500us-1.
- Fixed homing ball/piccolo ki beam conflict.
- Improved the crosshair
- keyboard shortcuts work on the team selection menu and fixed the problem where Buus selection key didnt work.
- Improved some of the network messages that were sending much more information than they needed to.
- Decreased the charge up time of Buus mouth beam by half a second.
- Removed the HalfLife HEV sounds upon spawn and death
- Health regenerating classes must land and stand still for health increase
- Speed increase from SSJ transformation lowered to 1.5x
- Stamina recovered more quickly when a player is crouching.
- Makankossapo will not stop after it hits a player.
- Makankossapo is much faster.
- Changing characters no longer refuels Ki level to max.
- Homing Balls no longer get stuck in themselves.
- The 10 Defense-God mode bug fixed.
- Each defence point reduces damage by 3% (or 5% if blocking).
- Fixed issue where players class would not always get propogated.
- Fixed issue on higher ping servers when upon connecting players got a jerking effect.
- Fixed minor issues with the power struggling system.
- Each speed point now worth 4% extra speed.
- Fixed punch animation sticking if puching in the air
- Resolved giant Genki Dama bug
- Resolved delayed hyper punch bug
- Stopped players health going into ludicrously high values with a high power
level, made the HUD malfunction and basically gave the player god mode.
- When Ki level is at minimum transformed characters detransform
- Fixed problem where players could sometimes change their model manually.
- Client automatically starts in third person mode.
- Third person camera automatically adjusts when player backs up to a wall.
- Stopped "Combo scripts" from functioning.
Fixed Power level increase not sticking with SSJ and Turbo mode.
- Fixed problem where getting knocked out during SSJ powerup messed up player.
- Fixed a problem with punching that caused HLDS to randomly crash out.
- Fixed problem where kamehameha hand glow animation did not play.
- Turbo mode adds 1.3x speed.
- SSJ mode adds 1.3x speed.
- Rewrote speed code to increase overall efficiency.
- Moved block to a button-hold command (+block)
- Rewrote power level calculation code for efficiency reasons.
- Turbo/SSJ power enhancements not counted in anything except attacks.
- Minimum power level hardcoded to 100
- Stamina now passed to the client as a long for more accurate display.
- Added minor fix to the animation system.
- Prevented player dying upon spawning for the first time.
- Fixed the attenuation on many of the sounds (like zanzoken).
- Halved the fall damage.
- Fixed powerup effect effect sometimes not lining up with player.
- Fixed genocide/ki beam problem.
- Can no longer use block whilst in a special attack.
- Changed cells tri beam to explode on impact.
- Changed destructo disk to not explode on impact.
- Added jump sound.
- Made jump higher.
- Fixed Kame stick/Final Flash malfunction.
- Changed power struggle beam movement.
- Lowered damage amount on generic ki blasts.
- Getting knocked out now disables turbo mode.
- Prevented players crouching when knocked out.
SERVER CVAR Additions
CLIENT CVAR Additions
-Most character attack sounds redone.
-Added origional DMZ MP3s created by DJ Synth