Dawn of War: Professional (DoWPro) is a mod for the Dawn of War franchise that has been developed over many years, and is based on the Warhammer 40000 universe. The mod aims to enhance the multiplayer experience by incorporating intelligent gameplay design and balance with the exciting and spectacular game that is Dawn of War.
No longer will units become obsolete as you gain higher tech, and no longer will you have to spam a certain 'overpowered' unit in order to win.
In DoWpro strength through diversity is promoted, and with the return of the 'hard counter' system from the original Dawn of War game, DoWPro offers the player many different choices on their path to victory.
The latest version of DoWPro is for the third and last Dawn of War expansion: SoulStorm. Boasting nine completely unique races to choose from, DoWpro: SS offers a huge amount variety.
Key Features of the Mod:
- You can now use Wargear in multiplayer and skirmish games.
- The all-famous skirmish mod and the ever useful camera mod already included.
- Exciting and fun gameplay that differs greatly from SoulStorm in ways of how you research abilities and use your units.
- New graphics and visuals for every race.
- Sizeable community of its own, and can be played through the Steam Group, Hamachi Server, or Direct-IP.
- New units for almost every race.
- You can easily switch between DoWpro and standard SoulStorm through the in-game 'Game Manager'.
- A complete and instructional set of manuals to let you know every aspect of the mod and the armies.
- For DoWpro: SS you need SoulStorm, patched to version 1.20. For Steam users it is required its very own latest version.
Be sure to check out Z15.invisionfree.com for more details.
Where to Get Support and Meet Players
If you have any technical issues, or are just looking for a couple of games. please join us on the IRC chat channel "#dowpro" on the "quakenet" server , either by using an IRC client such as MIRC, Chatzilla (a firefox plug in), or by using our webclient.
It is also a great way to meet people (and players), just click in the tittle and join!.
The DoWPro mod uses some material which belongs to some other mods. Some of them, are totally exclusive and cannot be taken out without the authorisation of the team leader of the mod that created the material which has been added. DoWPro mainly uses the following models from the following mods:
- Firestorm over Kronus.
- Purgation of Kaurava.
- Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod.
To be more specific. In the case of the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod, there has been an exclusive deal from both mod team leaders (that is, between Korbah, Friedric_P and KRMZ). If, by any circustamce you take any of these models or content from DoWPro, which belong to the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod you are not allowed to public it in your mod unless you have real authorisation from Friedric_P and KRMZ, the mod team leaders from the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas mod.
3.61 is already in the works; focusing on more fixes everyone hates and more quality of life changes that will not interfere with the overall metagame.
Here is the changelog so far, like always, it is a Work in Progress. It will be updated accordingly once I get more juicy stuff.
- More AI tweaks for the AI god.
- Some icons have been changed, specially the ones that specifically tells the player which Tier level are they entering.
- Changed the addon of LPs icon to specify their actual nature, which is an addon.
- Fixed the tooltips for all versions regarding the implementation of Cyrenes Temple map (for Steam users).
- Fixed the Daemonic Pressence icon research which did have the same icon as the Daemon Prince Demonic Roar.
- Decreased the time to enter Tiers from 35 to 30 secs.
- Decreased the build time for the Slave Chamber from 30 to 20 secs.
- Decreased the time for the LP Dark Lance from 30 to 15 secs.
- Decreased the time for the Gruesome Talisman and Slave Graveyard from 30 to 15 secs.
- Fixed the ranged attack range for Hellions and Whyches that affected negativelly the AI.
- Fixed the Haywire Bomb fx using the same one from the Eldar.
- Regular SoB Storm Bolter squads now are affected by Blessed Ammunition instead of Optics research.
- Fixed a bug that made the Retributor squad not scale their Heavy Bolters nor their Multimelta with the Optics research.
- Decreased the time for the Holy Icon from 30 to 15 secs.
- Added 3 new addons for the HQ - Heavy Bolter Turrets Left and Right and Sensor Array.
- Martyrs Gift research removed. Tier 3 adds the effect.
- Heavy Weapon Research removed. All SoB tacs and Seraphims gain +1 Heavy Weapon after Tier 2 and Tier 3 researches.
- Repentia: Commanders can no longer be attached to them. Zealot charge moved to T3.
- Moved the Canoness wargear to the Pristine Sanctuary. Basic wargear moved to infantry building.
- Repressor Tank removed from Vehicle Building.
- Hospitaller: Lay of Hands adds a ranged resitance. Moved from HQ to infantry building. Now gains Leadership Aura.
- Adeptus Arbites: All benefits they gain from other researches have been moved into a new single research - Adeptus Arbites Veterancy Research. Available from the HQ on T2. No longer have access to Phosphor Grenades. Added Adeptus Arbites with Grenade Launcher.
Wanna help with the AI and give some feedback.? - Download this test version.! (NOTE - Requires 3.60 to be previously installed) - Dropbox.com
Finally, onto another thing I have been asked since the age of times:
When will Tyranids be added into the mod.?
Hard to say right now, the Tyranid mod team is undergoing through a whole overhaul of their units and everything. I have asked more than a year ago about the possibility to include the army. Their response was "not right now, maybe later". Which pretty much says that I will have be patient and wait for their new version so I can come up with the topic again. I am not going to pull the asshole card.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.