New update for the mod, contains several bug fixes and tweaks on balance. YOU MUST HAVE DOWPRO: SOULSTORM 3.59 PREVIOUSLY INSTALLED.
Dawn of War: Professional (DoWPro) is a mod for the Dawn of War franchise that has been developed over many years, and is based on the Warhammer 40000 universe. The mod aims to enhance the multiplayer experience by incorporating intelligent gameplay design and balance with the exciting and spectacular game that is Dawn of War.
No longer will units become obsolete as you gain higher tech, and no longer will you have to spam a certain 'overpowered' unit in order to win.
In DoWpro strength through diversity is promoted, and with the return of the 'hard counter' system from the original Dawn of War game, DoWPro offers the player many different choices on their path to victory.
The latest version of DoWPro is for the third and last Dawn of War expansion: SoulStorm. Boasting nine completely unique races to choose from, DoWpro: SS offers a huge amount variety.
Key Features of the Mod:
- You can now use Wargear in multiplayer and skirmish games.
- The all-famous skirmish mod and the ever useful camera mod already included.
- Exciting and fun gameplay that differs greatly from SoulStorm in ways of how you research abilities and use your units.
- New graphics and visuals for every race.
- Sizeable community of its own, and can be played through the Steam Group, Hamachi Server, or Direct-IP.
- New units for almost every race.
- You can easily switch between DoWpro and standard SoulStorm through the in-game 'Game Manager'.
- A complete and instructional set of manuals to let you know every aspect of the mod and the armies.
- For DoWpro: SS you need SoulStorm, patched to version 1.20. For Steam users it is required its very own latest version.
Be sure to check out Z15.invisionfree.com for more details.
Where to Get Support and Meet Players
If you have any technical issues, or are just looking for a couple of games. please join us on the IRC chat channel "#dowpro" on the "quakenet" server , either by using an IRC client such as MIRC, Chatzilla (a firefox plug in), or by using our webclient.
It is also a great way to meet people (and players), just click in the tittle and join!.
The DoWPro mod uses some material which belongs to some other mods. Some of them, are totally exclusive and cannot be taken out without the authorisation of the team leader of the mod that created the material which has been added. DoWPro mainly uses the following models from the following mods:
- Firestorm over Kronus.
- Purgation of Kaurava.
- Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod.
To be more specific. In the case of the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod, there has been an exclusive deal from both mod team leaders (that is, between Korbah, Friedric_P and KRMZ). If, by any circustamce you take any of these models or content from DoWPro, which belong to the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod you are not allowed to public it in your mod unless you have real authorisation from Friedric_P and KRMZ, the mod team leaders from the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas mod.
So I guess I left this place without news, and you guys deserve it.
So first things first, 3.60 will be the Final Version, no turning back from here, so expect an even bigger polished version.
Second of all, the progress is slow as hell because we want to make sure that the AI works as better as it did from 3.59.58. Not to mention as well that the manuals are being reworked to fit in the changes done through all these versions - and yes, that also includes that Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle will have their own manual, too.
So, you also want a changelog for 3.60 too?. Here, have at it, although it is primarly a Work in Progress:
- Last batch of icons totally redone for all races.
- AI completly reworked and 100% stable for all 9 races.
- Manuals totally reworked, including manuals done for Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle.
- Added Assault Cannon for Dreadnought as a heavy weapon option.
- Added a healing aura ability for Kasrkin Sargeant, unlockeable on T2. This healing aura ONLY affects the Kasrkin squad.
- Added inf_heavy_high as secondary armor for Reaver Jetbikes.
- Fixed the Seer Council icon not being shown properly at the Hero UI. (It used the old warlock icon which seemed to collide with the icon redone).
- Missionary replaced by the Sister Hospitaller. Same thing she has as the Missionary except that her weapons are laspistol and chainsword.
- Added a new research: Lay on Hands Improved research, available from the Holy Reliquary. Costs 50/50.
- Revised Heavy Flamers for Retributors and Celestian squads - They no longer have FoTM and do not require setup time.
- Retributor Multimelta now costs 40/10. Decreased its maximum damage to 380 from 400.
- Increased the hardcap squad of Sisters Repentia to 2 from 1. Decreased their accuracy in close combat to 0.65 from 0.8. Health reduced to 420 from 480.
- Decreased the cost of the Storm Bolter for Battle Sisters to 40/15 from 50/20. Decreased to 0.6 from 0.65 de maximum accuracy.
- Decreased the Energy cost of Canoness to 40 from 45. Decreased the overall cost of the Jumpack to 40/30 from 50/60.
- Laud Hailers ability from Immolator removed, now the Repressor Tank gains it.
- Removed the Confessor aura, instead he gains the leadership aura that increases the regeneration speed of Faith points. (it is the same aura as Veteran Superiors grant).