Dawn of War: Professional (DoWPro) is a mod for the Dawn of War franchise that has been developed over many years, and is based on the Warhammer 40000 universe. The mod aims to enhance the multiplayer experience by incorporating intelligent gameplay design and balance with the exciting and spectacular game that is Dawn of War.
No longer will units become obsolete as you gain higher tech, and no longer will you have to spam a certain 'overpowered' unit in order to win.
In DoWpro strength through diversity is promoted, and with the return of the 'hard counter' system from the original Dawn of War game, DoWPro offers the player many different choices on their path to victory.
The latest version of DoWPro is for the third and last Dawn of War expansion: SoulStorm. Boasting nine completely unique races to choose from, DoWpro: SS offers a huge amount variety.
Key Features of the Mod:
- You can now use Wargear in multiplayer and skirmish games.
- The all-famous skirmish mod and the ever useful camera mod already included.
- Exciting and fun gameplay that differs greatly from SoulStorm in ways of how you research abilities and use your units.
- New graphics and visuals for every race.
- Sizeable community of its own, and can be played through the Steam Group, Hamachi Server, or Direct-IP.
- New units for almost every race.
- You can easily switch between DoWpro and standard SoulStorm through the in-game 'Game Manager'.
- A complete and instructional set of manuals to let you know every aspect of the mod and the armies.
- For DoWpro: SS you need SoulStorm, patched to version 1.20. For Steam users it is required its very own latest version.
Be sure to check out Z15.invisionfree.com for more details.
Where to Get Support and Meet Players
If you have any technical issues, or are just looking for a couple of games. please join us on the Steam Group or in our Discord channel!
The DoWPro mod uses some material which belongs to some other mods. Some of them, are totally exclusive and cannot be taken out without the authorisation of the team leader of the mod that created the material which has been added. DoWPro mainly uses the following models from the following mods:
- Firestorm over Kronus.
- Purgation of Kaurava.
- Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod.
To be more specific. In the case of the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod, there has been an exclusive deal from both mod team leaders (that is, between Korbah, Friedric_P and KRMZ). If, by any circustamce you take any of these models or content from DoWPro, which belong to the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas Mod you are not allowed to public it in your mod unless you have real authorisation from Friedric_P and KRMZ, the mod team leaders from the Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas mod.
So keeping it simple, the mod is still worked on, more bugfixes and stuff are coming out as we have planned.
Thing is, right now we are lacking someone for the texturing process, due to these real life constraints the guy working behind the retexturing of weapons has to stop for now, so in the meantime we are searching off for anything that is amiss balance-wise.
Without further explanation, heres the changelog which has grown up, but is still a work in progress.
- AI tweaks (need further testing and people!).
- Some icons have been changed, specially the ones that specifically tells the player which Tier level are they entering.
- Changed the addon of LPs icon to specify their actual nature.
- Fixed the tooltips for all versions regarding the implementation of Cyrenes Temple map (for Steam users). - Fixed a shadow map issue for the map Blood River remix.
- Decreased in 2 the Heavy Weapon options for the Assault Space Marines. They obtain the +2 right back after the player finishes Heavy Weapons Increase research.
Chaos Space Marines
- Fixed the Daemonic Pressence icon research which did have the same icon as the Daemon Prince Demonic Roar.
- Changed the texture for all Bolt pistols (more to come if a texturer shows up.)
- Fixed a small inconsistency between the minimum and maximum damage bonus the Shuriken Bladestorm ability granted.
- Fixed the second Kroot melee research time cost (decreased its time from 36 to 30 seconds.)
EXPERIMENTAL- Changed the armor type from inf_high to inf_heavy_low to the Kroot Hound.
EXPERIMENTAL- Increased the charge range from 10 to 12 for the Krootox.
- Decreased the time for the Listening Post Dark Lance from 30 to 15 secs.
- Decreased the time for the Gruesome Talisman and Slave Graveyard from 30 to 15 secs.
- Fixed the ranged attack range for Hellions and Whyches that affected negativelly the AI.
- Fixed the Haywire Bomb fx using the same one from the Eldar.
- Decreased the research time for both Power researches from 60 and 95 secs to 20 secs both.
- Increased the time for Heavy Weapons research from 30 to 45 secs.
- Adeptus Arbites: They become pop 2. All benefits they gain from other researches have been moved into a new single research - Adeptus Arbites Veterancy Research. Available from the HQ on T2. No longer have access to Phosphor Grenades. Added Adeptus Arbites with Grenade Launcher. Added a reinforceable member to the squad. Entrench Shields ability is now a passive ability. Increased the range of Shotgun from 15 to 18. Decreased the reload time in close combat from 1.5 to 1.1.
- Canoness: Moved her wargear to the Pristine Sanctuary. Healing ability regeration decreased from 38 to 30.
- Confessor: Decreased from 900 to 850 his hitpoints. Reduced his armor value (armor_minimum) from 5 to 0.
- Imagifer: Increased sight radius from 25 to 30. Reduced her Faith addition from 10 to 5. Has a sharecap with Sister Hospitaller of 3.
- Hospitaller: Moved from HQ to infantry building. Now gains Leadership Aura. Changed armor from inf_high to inf_heavy_med. Adds +5 Faith. Has a sharecap with Sister Imagifer of 3.
- Regular SoB Storm Bolter squads now are affected by Blessed Ammunition instead of Optics research.
- Seraphim: Inf_heavy_low now. 3 pop. Increased cost of both Req and energy +5. Increased maximum range from 23 to 25. Increased from 0.6 to 0.75 their accuracy. Increased by +2 instead of +1 the amount of heavy weapon options they get after Tier 2.
- Repentia: Increased accuracy from 0.65 to 0.75. Righteous Fervor requires Zealot charge now; research moved to T3.
- Fixed a bug that made the Retributor squad not scale their Heavy Bolters nor their Multimelta with the Optics research.
- HQ: Tier 2 and 3 researches are there to stay. Added 3 new addons for the HQ - Heavy Bolter Turrets Left and Right and Sensor Array.
- Martyrs Gift changed so it only affects Confessor, Imagifer and Hospitallers.
- Heavy Weapon Research removed. All SoB tacs, Seraphims, Retibutors and Celestians gain +1 Heavy Weapon after Tier 2.
- Removed Heart of the Pure/Faithful researches. Added an add-on for the Infantry building that adds +30 Morale points for all SoB squads and adds +15 Faith.
- Repressor Tank removed from Vehicle Building.
- Immolator: Decreased Heavy Flamer damage vs inf_med and inf_high, increased Heavy Bolter accuracy from 0.5 to 0.65.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.