Doll Carnage is a Total Conversion of Unreal Tournament 3 for 4 Phase of MSFU.
The game originally would be a first/third person shooter, but for accelerate development now is only a TPS with fixed camera.
Style game is cartoonish, like show last renderings of arms and weapons, it's all in pure Cel-Shading with very simple textures for time reasons and especially for an artistic choice similar to Team Fortress 2.
People that observes DC since the birth, maybe didn't jet understand anything about this from images, so I can give to you a light "smattering" about the plot.
Someone wrote: Thinking to be on an abandoned Earth, robots fight for take possession of last spare parts left.
What distinguishes DC is the possibility to personalize own character "stealing" spare parts from the other players: in arenas there will not be any kind of med pack or power up but only the players and ammunitions.
Besides spare parts don't are useful only for health points but especially for unique characteristics, like permanent invisibility, strong health, wall walking, etc.
Like you understood, the game is based on spare parts; these are subdivided in few kinds:
· Right Arm: this takes a weapon and is subjected to parameters like accuracy and reloading speed.
· Left Arm: this is useful for "snatch" a limb from enemy or defend from sword's attacks
· Legs: these permit movement and are subjected to parameters like speed and agility.
· Body: really this isn't a spare part because if you lose this you die, but this give to character special characteristics.
· Head: the loss of this brings to death, but gives a multiplier of numerical qualities (heath).
· Hat: this is only a decoration
For render all more realistic the health loss will depend from damaged part. I created these behaviors until now:
· Disarmament Arm: unusable limb with maximum damage, it's impossible to use weapon in each method.
· Lame: unusable limb with maximum damage, it's only possible to crawl very slowly.
· Demolition: destruction of body or head brings to death.
While initially the project was focused on a very large number of weapons, now the weapons are essentially 3, jet posted "closed" in 3 previous rendering, and 6 hand-to-hand limbs.
Weapons can be used like energetic swords, while h2h limbs are useful for shield a hit or for "steal" a spare part.
Weapons are very common.
1. Hanabi (in picture Flamethrower) is a modified flamethrower; while first fire is an incendiary foam, alternative fire is flame. Both methods can be used at the same time. In sword method this creates a fire wall.
2. TeslaRifle (remained the same) is my favorite combination, between a sniper rifle and a Metroid weapon. First fire shots a lethal ray. In sword method this sends off enemies with a shock wave.
3. RotoBlade (in picture simply called Catapult) is a combination of a grenade-launcher and a mine-launcher. In sword method this "grinds" the enemy.
Here are the Phase 4 finalists for the Best non-FPS Mod, Best FPS Mod, Best Machinima, Best Vehicle Set, Best Level Set, Educational,Best Use of Physics, Best Art and Best Graphics in Maps category's in the $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest. All finalists in this category are eligible to enter the Grand Finals. This competition rewards top mods created for Unreal Tournament 3 with cash and hardware prizes in four preliminary phases and a grand final. Visit Makesomethingunreal.com for full details.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.