Discovery mod is a full-scale expansion pack for Freelancer focused on continuing the story started in the vanilla campaign via the roleplay-driven multiplayer server an community forums. The mod and community currently host the most active remaining multiplayer experience for Freelancer and the mod introduces many new features including but not limited to new ship classes and types, ship equipment, player owned (and built) bases, jumpdrives, cloaking devices and equipment manufacturing as well as the ability to create, run and maintain player-led factions that shape, contribute and are a part of the ingame roleplay environment. This multiplayer-focused mod allows players to immerse themselves in the Freelancer world some time after the Nomad War from the singleplayer experience.
Update 3 is a cumulative update for Discovery Freelancer 4.85. This update includes contents of Update 1 and Update 2. The update contains a number of significant fixes that were not included into the previous update, certain balance changes, and bug fixes, including fixes for broken infocards. Cruise drain and no-hud mode were updated, and new, corrected market commodities file was implemented to fix and enhance the trading system. See full changelogs for both updates in the detailed description.
New in Discovery 4.85 Reunion Update 3 (4.85.2):
- Updated market commodities.
- Updated cruise drain & no-hud modes.
- Updated broken infocards.
- Add Global List Server workaround to freelancer.ini.
- Order Carrier model fixed.
- Junker bomber model and cockpit fixed.
- Rheinland transport lights changed to yellow (affects only new ships).
- Praetorian dodging slightly decreased.
- Civilian bomber turning slightly decreased.
- BHG BS camera moved.
- CSV turret view fixed.
- GMG HF mine and cm positions fixed.
- Reinforced CD and Heavy CMs can now be used by heavy ships even when energy is drained.
- Bomber guns changed to 4.00 refire while keeping same damage per second and energy per second.
- Changed effect on bomber EMP guns.
- Trefoil damage increased.
- Colada damage and energy use lowered.
- Inferno shield damage increased.
- Skyblast damage and energy use increased.
- Purple Goddess price lowered.
- Basic GB turrets added on Junker bases in Gallia as well as on Montbard.
- Nova torpedo ammo added on some bases.
- Contributions for update 3 came from Moljnir (balance+update builds), Jinx (models), Seth Karlo (models), Cannon (packaging+dll changes) and Xoria (economy).
- Thanks to Hribek, Blodo, MarvinCZ, Dab, Kress, Mule and Jure for balance, testing and other contributions that didn't make it into this update but with luck will make it into the next.
- Special thanks to Curt.Remmert for helping Cannon with testing in Cannon's timezone.
- Treewyrm provided the mirror for the automatic updater.
Notes on version number and server connectivity:
In most cases, the mod will update itself automatically, and you will not need to interfere in the process. If you experience trouble, you can download the update as a standalone package and apply it manually, closely following the installation instructions. Version number of this update remains 4.85, however, you will not be able to connect to server where the update was applied with a game client which was not updated. Servers with different mod version will be grayed out in your server list.