The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Dino Crisis Source. Remake of the Dino Crisis 1 game from PS1 / PC.
|What would you like to see in the mod in particular?||Locked|
|May 20 2012 Anchor|
Hey guys n girls.
|May 21 2012 Anchor|
I'd love to see decent AI, conversion of most of the source assets, an epicly designed UI/menu, crafted suspense, and maybe few awesome cutscene moments. It would also be cool if you threw in the shaders that are going to be released by Ivan's secrets or city 17 or something.
|May 28 2012 Anchor|
I'd like to see all the rooms, the dinosaurs and the characters exactly as they were in the original game. ^^
|Jun 14 2012 Anchor|
More guns Good Detail in game would be a hit
I think a team game would be cool at least like 2 or 3 NPC
|Jul 17 2012 Anchor|
OT: (don't kill me... please)
A FPS Dino-Crisis game... ? If you ask me then it's the perfect idea to mutilate the very basic concept of the game itself...
Even Resident Evil, the emblem of surviving horror game genre had turned into a Modern Warfare competitor... Why in the world would you do such a thing... Why is survival horror genre fading away and not coming back anytime soon... ?
In my opinion the 3rd person fixed cameras positioned wisely across the environment along with the tank-like control of the character like in the original game would be the thing to die for in such a game...
There are also other advantages in using fixed 3rd person cameras:
Well, to be back on topic...
- No jumping seems a very good idea for a survival horror game.
- You could also consider not letting the player shoot while moving, or at least make the recoil exponentially higher depending on movement speed.
- 3d inventory models examination like in Resident Evil 1 would be very nice
- Using animated cut-scenes instead of video cut-scenes
- Non Linear GamePlay it's a must: Revisit some old area/s because you need a "piece" to solve a puzzle just to see that the area has somehow changed in a way or another it's quite nice and adds to the total length of the game. Revisiting old areas may also bring a reward (not gonna bring ideas here... )
- Explosive barrels or cutter charges in specific areas of the game
- Instead of having 1 billion weapons better few weapons but customizable
- from Resident Evil 3: mixing herbs and mixing gun powders (with the Reloading-Tool) to obtain heal items and different kinds of ammo was such a nice addition that you don't see in games these days...
- lots of commented environment stuff... You know, when you are looking to walls and find a picture for example: You hit the "action/use" button and there's a written description of the item appearing on screen (this is a picture of blah blah etc.) or when you find a locker and it says (nothing useful here... ) and so on... People just love exploring all kind of crap like this on the map... at least I do (more of them descriptions the better it gets)
I've got to go right now (I have other crap to add but don't have the time) so if you don't find all this above pure crap, I will post some more when I'll get back home.
Ok, back home.
...about the 3rd person fixed camera again: (I just can't get it off my mind, sorry... )
So... let's continue the endless list shall we... ?
- Absolutely no HUD at all would be great. That including no crosshair. At least in normal/hard modes. In easy mode a crosshair will be present but optional.
- RE 1/2/3 style menu (subscreen/inventory) accessible through a press of a button.
- If it's possible, when character takes heavy damage and fall of it's feet there can be a chance for it to drop it's weapon on ground.
- to be continued...
- Door transitions and captions like in the original game (when you enter a door a caption appears telling you which area are you entering)
Edited by: 80T
|May 20 2013 Anchor|
I think nether the first person or the original 3rd person are good in this, it would be nice with something new.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.