Dibella's Watch adds an entire new continent to Oblivion. It comes complete with a major city, castles, towns, villages, farms, monasteries and all the good stuff that makes up a Medieval landscape. There's also fighting to be had and quests to be made!
The mod is updated to Beta Version 09 as of now. This update brags with the usual amount of huge changes and additions to the project!
Posted by Antiscamp on May 21st, 2011
It's time to update Dibella's Watch again. This time, a lot of the work has been concentrated around good-old landscape building, and this update is probably the largest landscape update to date. The fact is, that a lot of that work has been done doing the small stuff, like placing rocks and trees and other things that the casual player perhaps won't notice. This work is really important, since this mod lives on its landscape and beauty.
That's all fine and well, but I also wanted to include things that the player WILL notice. Therefore, I've been expanding the land with more buildings and hamlets in the old areas, while I've built entire new settlements in the western areas of the continent. There is now an entirely new small town out west which is built with new meshes as well (created by Eternal Darkness for his DUNEIII package)! This town also holds a proper, newly written quest to set the wild west type of atmosphere I want to achieve there. I can take that setting very far still and it has potential.
The Woodlanders have received two new camps filled with aggressive warriors. Those two camps are probably thetwo most beautiful bandit camps I've made. One of those camps also border on the only Ayeleid ruins on the entire island. Those ruins will hold a secret in the future, but for now, you can only see their imposing exteriors. The whole of the continent has now been properly textured with land texture as well; grass and such, although there's some work to do with cluttering still.
Now go download the latest version right here on ModDB and, as usual, do tell me if something glitches and I'll patch ASAP!
- Corrections of and additions to existing stuff have been made in the usual manner. Real detail work this!
- Continued landscaping. Masses of updates have been done in many areas of the continent.
- The whole of the Continent has now been land textured.
- Created two new Woodlander camps. Westwater and Ruinview.
- Created a house near Port Zerrva where Marea lives. She will buy stolen stuff.
- Created a hamlet west of Scarley where there's a stable and an alchemist. He's also a trainer.
- Created the beginnings of the only Ayeleid Ruin on the island, Tavylana out west. Only exterior yet.
- Blocked passage through the Deadland's Gate by placing a joint Deadtree-Deadlander patrol there.
- Created the town of Al Raj, a lawless rathole in the Deadlands. Exterior, interiors and NPC's are properly done.
- Added New meshes for houses in Al Raj.
- Wrote a quest for the town of Al Raj. It might need some polishing, but works really well.
- Created the "Slave Trader's Base" dungeon outside Al Raj, tied to the quest.