This is the complete source-code for Denton's enhanced Doom 3. The mod was first released in 2007 and has been used as basis for many independent mods...
INSTALLATION (For Windows Only)
- Windows Operating System.
- Doom 3 installed and patched to v1.3.1
- Make sure you've installed latest drivers for your graphics card.
If you want to be able to play this mod with Doom 3 patched to version 1.3.0, refer to the "extras\readme.txt" located in the zip, for more information.
How to install and run this mod:
- Extract the zip file (using winzip or Winrar) in you Doom3 folder. E.g., In my case, path of extraction is c:\games\doom3
- Run the game from the file Dentonmod.bat (Which can be found in Doom3 folder after extraction). Alternatively, you can
run regular Doom 3 and select dentonmod from mod list.
- There is a folder named "extras" in the zip, refer to extras\readme.txt for more information.
This mod is version 2.02 of Denton's SDK based enhancement (Rated 9.7 out of 10 by filefront community). I received a very nice feedback as well as some constructive criticism from the people who played the previous version and therefore, in addition to many new features, this version tries to fix some issues that were addressed by the people.
Some of the new features are:
- New ultra quality yet highly scalable(DX9 only) bloom shader with HDR like shift sensitivity. There are now three types of bloom.
- This mod enables adding any number of particle effects and lights to weapons in a really easy way. New cool particle effects for muzzleflashes and weapon mods such as flashlight and laser sight etc.
- Material based decals, particles and sound effects.
- Denton's Ultra real stereo surround sound pack that takes advantage of new unified way of playing impact sounds.
- New customizable tracer effects, all new Plama-railgun with cool railbeam effect.
These features and lots of other improvements, I am really sure, will take your Doom 3 experience to a whole new level. This mod may also prove useful to mod makers as well as SP-map makers.
Actually, there were more of those whole new things in the development pipeline. But I have been busy with all sort of things but modding and the progress on this mod was halted for more than 3 months, so I am releasing it as it now.
For detailed changes description please refer to the ReadMeFirst!.txt in the mod zip.