Hey how's it going? Last time we showed off some basic WEA infantry. This time, as the title suggests, we're showing MORE INFANTRY (omg!), faction spefcific...
Deep Impact (formerly European Conflict) is a total conversion mod for zero hour started by the EC Team and now developed by No Life Studios. The mod will add four new factions with two playable divisions:
The AC - American Confederacy
1. SpecOps Command - Drone vehicles. Wide use of Laser and Microwave weapons.
2. Airforce Command - Advanced aerial drones. Heavy air units. Strong defenses. Limited ground units.
The WEA - West European Alliance
1. Continental Defense - Heavy defences. Deployable defensive units. Heavy infantry. Strong gunships. Limited assault units.
2. Mechanized Assault - Strong defences. Powerful ground vehicles. Limited air units.
The ADF - Asian Democratic Federation
1. Ballistics Command - Powerful artillery. Heavy base defenses. Limited infantry and air units.
2. Electronic Warfare Command - Heavy use of hacking, electronic disruption, and tesla weapons. Weaker individual units.
The WLF - World Liberation Front
1. Cobra Cell - Toxins and status effect weapons. Strong in numbers and combined arms. Weak as individuals.
2. Scorpion Cell - Suicide and stealth/ambush tactics. Weak in direct engagements.
Hello everyone, and welcome to another exciting DI update!
We have a lot of content to go through, about 7 scrolls with my monitor, so let's get started!
With the ADF invasion of eastern Europe and the imminent threat of AC amphibious incursions, the WEA Continental Defense high command decided it was time to update the aging Guard Towers, integrating the devastating Photon Pulse technology on a much heavier tower variant while still keeping the garrison space intact. Almost 2 years after the project was started and the new generation of Guard Towers was deployed along the coastline and strategic positions or facilities. The project was named Heimdall after the Norse guardian God of the Asgard (realm of the gods) entrance. Using advanced electro-magnet technology and highly classified plasma technology, it can melt even the strongest of tanks. While cheap compared to the much more advanced Cerberus Defense, it still remained a expensive defensive option for the WEA, reason enough for it to be used only by the WEA Continental Defense army division.
When it was created, the Continental Defense army division of the WEA had a single and highly important role - to defend WEA's borders as well as it's entire territory at any cost. Mobility was not it's main feature, but rather heavy defensive position backed by heavy artillery, highly skilled infantry and heavy gunship support. With this in mind, they lacked in terms of heavy anti-air support. A mistake they would fix after the ADF east European incursions which have shown a huge gap in their air defense arsenal. While the more mobile Mechanized Assault division prefers vehicle based heavy AA, Continental Defense commanders went for a different approach. Project Aegis was their answer to heavy enemy air attacks. A highly advanced Photon Array weapon - technology kept under great secrecy - was mounted on a stationary defense platform equipped with a new generation shield technology capable of intercepting all incoming jet-engine based projectiles like rockets and missiles. The shield however consumed huge amounts of power, making it a viable option for only a few seconds before it would need to recharge. Skilled field Tacticians can gain access to advanced defense protocols that allow the Aegis to additionally deploy to Anti-Air defense drones as well as a EMP mine field.
Europe's position put it in a highly dangerous position between guns of the 2 mightiest armies - the AC and the ADF. Diplomatic relations with the AC were a thing of the past and with that and the extreme aggression of the ADF attacks, WEA needed to approach this war from a more defensive position. And while the Mechanized Assault division of their continental army was the mobile branch, they still had the option to go for a more defensive oriented strategy. After all, they had to capture and defend territories outside the WEA border defenses. However, each defense option Mechanized Assault has, is oriented towards fast deployment, modularity and with their latest addition - productivity. The Pandora project is probably one of the most ambitious joint projects between Z-Tech industried and Cynopolies Industries. It combines Z-Tech's advanced railgun technology with Cynopolies's nano-technology advancements. The goal - a drone factory armed with a heavy defense system. The result - a drone factory armed with the 2 biggest railguns ever produced. Their firepower is so great that it cracks the ground they hit and even throw back the mightiest of tanks.
And just like the Pandora Box, the Pandora Outpost is capable of producing some of the most menacing evils in the form of drones.And while WEA's drones are not directed towards heavy combat, they special abilities and roles makes them a great addition to an already heavy armored and armed arsenal.
We promised everyone we will reveal the faction changes we had for almost a whole year now. So without further useless talk here it goes:
WEA Continental Defense - Not much has changed with this subfaction in terms of theme, they are still heavily defense oriented. They have the most defenses of all factions, gets access to powersuit infantry, and heavy gunship support. Their vehicles are weak, the Juggernaut being the only exception, giving infantry and aircraft a much more important role.
- EMP Turrets are now Cryo Turrets. They will disable vehicles and freeze infantry as well as provide light AA defense.
- Mortar Turret no longer upgrades to Gun Turrets. It is now higher tier long range defense.
- Cerberus Defense no longer switches between pulse and beam. It now has beam weapon as the only weapon, while the pulse weapon is part of the ability it gets.
- Olympus Fort has a greatly reduced garrison space, but can now train all the basic infantry of WEA Continental Defense (first tier infantry).
- Swarm Trooper got a huge remake, turning into a siege trooper called Siege Cadre, and is now armed with an experimental Prism™ beam weapon.
- The Valkyrie FSV is now an exclusive to this faction. It still needs to deploy but can repair both structures and units within it's radius.
WEA Mechanized Assault - This subfaction is no longer about infantry + vehicles, but rather they have become the new "tank general" subfaction. They get the best vehicles out of all the factions, however they no longer have access to powersuit infantry, and their air support has also been greatly reduced.
- Gun Turrets are now exclusive to this subfaction.
- Guard Towers can gain 1 of 2 modules now, instead of 3, a drone control module and, a AA missile system. The Medical module has been removed.
- Valkyrie FSV replaced by a new vehicle called the Minerva. The Minerva doesn't need to deploy but can't repair structures. More details once we reveal it in future updates.
AC SpecOps Command - Replaces the Armor Command subfaction. They will get a drone heavy theme with almost all of their vehicles being drone oriented. Their main theme is drones, lasers and microwaves.
ADF Electronics Warfare - Replaces the Infantry Division subfaction. We decided to split ADF in 2 subfactions each with it's own unique theme based on the 2 main super powers of ADF - Russia and China. While the ADF base design will still be a combo of both Russian and Chinese architecture, their subfaction unit composition will be unique mostly based on this 2 countries. ADF Ballistics will be based on a more Chinese looking arsenal while the new Electronics Warfare subfaction will be based on a more Russian oriented arsenal. That being said - more details on this once we start revealing ADF stuff.
This are the big changes so far. Ofcourse this brings alot of changes to our old planned tech trees but since those weren't public there is no need for the new tech trees to be revealed.
If you have any questions regarding this public information feel free to ask it. If you have any suggestions feel free to do them - just don't spam us with tons of real life bullshit or redundant stuff pls.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.