The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
About the D.E.A.D HL2 Modification
D.E.A.D will be pushing the Source engine to its limits!
Being a mulitplayer modification where players can play as a human or a zombie we have many areas to worry about, gameplay, function and design. There will be 3 key game modes along with some extra modes to be included in later updates.
The 3 key game modes are:
- Redemtion (control areas and fight back the undead)
- Demolition (destroy enemy strongholds and key objectives)
- Rescue (save the trapped humans from becoming a zombie potpie)
Other game modes may include:
- Zombie Roundup
Game features will include:
- The Evolution System , based around a players skill level he will be givin extra abilities, such as marksmenship, medical aid, speed, strength, vision, stamina, armour, and others.. each evolution will allow players to earn special items, marksmenship will grant access to more powerful weapons etc.
- Infection System , Infection is the #1 fear for you humans, being infected wont always equal death but that depends on how much damage a zombie does to you. Infection will come in many ways, from a bite, a scratch, and many other ways, but there is hope!! Depending on the damage delt by a zombie some human players can be saved, that is why we have our medic class... there isn't a cure for this infection but there is a way to slow it down and keep it from consuming you! If you are in fact killed or seriously infected by the undead you will become a zombie yourself.. BUT.. you can choose, death or infection.
- Weapon System , one of our key features will be our wide selection of weapons, there will be many to choose from, including melee and ranged weapons. Depending on your evolution skill you will have a menu of items to choose from, each time you "evolve" this item list will be upgraded with new items and weapons. The more skill you have the more powerful the weapons will become, but you'll have to choose your upgrades wisely, each evolution has its own set of upgrades so the key is to find out which ones are the best for you.
- Level Design , another key aspect of our mod will be the levels in which you play on, there will be many hazards to watch out for, not just the zombies. Areas will be dark and scary and have many twists and turns so watch your step it could be your last. Levels will range from large to small, depending on the game mode and each will have there own set objectives that must be completed, as a team.
- Damage System , we will be including a visable damage system as well, making it easier to see what damage has been taken and given, you as a human will beable to shoot of zombie limbs, and zombies will beable to rip humans apart! Just picture this.. a zombie rips off your leg and then beats you to death with it.. or a human blows off a zombies arm and then he picks it up and bash's his skull in!! MmMmMm the gore and blood, I hope you can picture it to.
There are many other features to this modification that we are keeping under wraps until we are closer to release, but we hope that you find what we have "let out of the bag" to be interesting enough for you to want to join our dev team or community.