In June we released our first major update of Dead Before Dawn of which we received a great response from you guys. A month later, we are as ever aware that you Dead Before Dawn fans are eagerly awaiting the release (thank you for being so patient), so we are bringing you up to date on the project and providing you with some content to feast on.Ok so what’s happened since our last community update? We have added a new team member for start. His name is Joe Lemonade and is a very talented model and texture artist who’s experience reaches to even having worked for Bohemia on ARMA2. He will be creating various new props that you will see throughout the campaign. The campaign as usual is being worked on around the clock and as a result, a majority of the maps are now in a state of polishing and finalising. So things are progressing nicely:
- Scripts are being created and worked on to ensure an enjoyable and re-playable experience
- More professional voice recordings are taking place, and being placed within the campaign
- Our 3D artists are still hard at work creating all the new models/props for the maps
- All our custom music pieces are being placed in there relevant locations, not to mention our composer continuously creating even more pieces for use within the campaign (the current count is at 20+ pieces and counting)
- Darth is as always mapping into the early hours of the morning
- And the maps are being tested, updated…and tested again on a daily basis so that game play and performance are as optimized as possible.
Now, were sure you are all thinking ‘When is it going to be released?’. The team don’t have anything set in stone, they dont want to make any promises. Dead Before Dawn is a huge project and isn’t something that can be completed over night. You have to understand we have an opportunity to make this project so much more than your average campaign, and we would be stupid not to grab that opportunity by the horns. However you can have faith in L4DMODS.com to keep you up to date. Now...on to the content that I promised you at the beginning of this article. Not only do we have some shots of the 4th map to show you, which takes place within the mall (this map is almost complete and all that remains is kitting out the remaining shops, as you will see in the screenshots). But we also have some Dead Before Dawn music courtesy of the campaigns composer: CosmicD. We would love to show you more, especially of the mall as thats only a small fraction of the map below, but it would ruin all the surprises. So there you have it. Dead Before Dawn is progressing as smooth as ever, so kick back, relax, and enjoy the new content.