Day of Defeat (a.k.a. DoD) is the latest online action experience from Valve, makers of Half-Life and Counter-Strike. Stationed in the heart of WWII's European Theater of Operations, players join the ranks of an elite military squad entrenched in battle. Each team has several "player classes," that give each squad member a unique role. These include scout, infantry, sergeant, machine gunner, and more, each with a unique arsenal of historical weaponry at their disposal. Day of Defeat includes an expansive collection of missions based on key historical battles. And a near infinite number of additional missions, created by the online development community, are available for download. As war rages, squads must battle as a unit to achieve victory. Key Features: Class system gives each player a unique role Historically-simulated weaponry and items Dozens of missions based upon WWII's greatest battles. Built-in support for voice communication New features: Introduction of...
Here is the full installation of Day of Defeat Beta 3.1B for Steam! This is the vintage Day of Defeat mod, before it went retail and the development team joined Valve. Which means its freeware. The next version after 3.1 was 1.0 (Retail), and much was changed. Here is the full installation of Day of Defeat Beta 3.1 for Steam! Point it to your 'half-life' folder in your 'SteamApps' folder.
Day of Defeat 3.1 Full Install
- added anti-cheat protection
- fixed textures problem in basic.wad
- fixed para round timer not ending round on 0:00
- fixed +Use exploit
- added garand\carbine selection to light inf. in normal dod gameplay
- added thompson\grease gun selection to assault inf. in normal dod
- added k43\kar selection to light inf. in normal dod gameplay
- took away 1 grenade from axis light inf.
- fixed switching classes while dying sets reinforcements to 0:00
- added K43 normal gameplay sleeve texture in coding
- added\Edited Vgui class menus and pics
- new Bar model tweak