DarthMod Shogun v4.2+++ Bushido Edition
Thanks to your very helpful feedback, you get this optimised version of your favourite mod
Special new in v4.2+++ (Bushido Edition)
- Many AI formation improvements (Land & Naval). You will lose many battles from this AI.
- Combat & Animation mechanics improvements which also improve FPS perfomance.
- Unit physics and melee penetration improved.
- Ships more realistic physics and interaction with waves.
- Morale tweaks for more challenging and enduring battles.
- Some projectile improvements, for example gun reload rates.
- Secondary ground movement modifiers of the game nullified (they created a sluggish unit movement and possibly lag).
- Battle autoresolve improved.
- Attack fire arcs changes. AI Cavalry should now move+flank far more effectively and will be not suicidal.
- Launcher changes:
The 1X button is replaced by the "Normal Unit Size" button. This button will now enable DarthMod with the most common options for multiplayer but will not lock unit size to 1X. You can change the unit size as in Vanilla per your own taste. This makes it more compatible for organising MP battles but also will no longer confuse player on how to reduce unit sizes to vanilla levels.
Special new in v4.2++ (uploaded 9/8/2012)
- Bow/Gun sound mess fixed.
Special new in v4.2+ (uploaded 8/8/2012)
- Balanced for the latest DLC units "Saints & Heroes".
- Fixed the badly mixed sounds that the DLC caused to the mod.
- Balanced melee mechanics for even more realistic battles.
- Many AI FotS formations improvements for a more effective BAI.
- Balanced projectiles to be more realistic overall.
- Fixed a minor bug concerning 1st level Shogun Garrison.
- Improved a lot the smoke effects (Darth Effects).
- Enhanced the blood (Darth Effects).
Special new in v4.2
- Improved melee and animation mechanics greatly so to witness cinematic and chaotic battles as never before. Inspired by the epic screenshot tales of Le_Fred which you can read here: "Le Fred's" Epic Stories!
- Balanced the projectile reload mechanics to be realistic, so that units fire not as untiring machines but like drilled normal fighters who must control their stamina and ammo to maximise their kill rate. That can lead to more devastating volleys but also to less effectiveness, according to the skill of the general.
- Corrected a formation AI issue which could lead to AI ships sticking to the corners of the map.
- CAI should now position its armies more strategically in the map for a more challenging and realistic game exprerience.
- Diplomacy improved a lot to be very close to human cunningness and effectiveness. You can make trusted allies but also you will witness powerful allied opponents. (The improvements include the possible AI trade not accepted bug fix).
- Money plays now much bigger role in diplomacy negotiations (In vanilla it is insignificant).
- Threats should now have more diplomacy effect (In vanilla they are insignificant).
- Naval damage system balanced better.
- Naval cannons have more hitpoints so that they do not get destroyed easily.
- Launcher additions:
- Re-included the Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai Retexture & Performance Project by Superghostboy which now does not conflict with DarthMod Effects. For some machines it can result to better FPS but its most superb addition is the new more realistic blood effects.
- Included the BSM for Shogun 2 by Mech_Donald which provides much better effects than vanilla and it can replace the default Darth Effects according to your preference. Because it conflicts with DarthMod Effects and SuperGhostBoy mod, the launcher makes sure that whenever you enable it, the others are disabled and vice versa.
- The V.3.05 -Unit Variety Mod by The Hedge Knight has been modified by SuperGhostBoy to be less stressing for your video card.
- Re-moved the Japanese voice fix of Wind because it was obsolete.
Read the full changelog: Moddb.com
- If you have questions, post them HERE!