A temporary bug that resulted in FotS Campaign Freezes has been corrected and also there are many improvements. Now you can fully enjoy the game with this mod.
Posted by DARTH__VADER on
Special new in v3.8 HotFix (uploaded 11/4/2012)
- Guns slightly more powerful to take down Samurai & Cavalry charges more easily.
- More ammo for guns as requested.
- Some slight improvements to Formations AI resulting to more effective BAI.
- Gunboat balance tweaks to make them less effective in autocalc and in battle as it was required.
- Garrison fixes (now Castle has correctly more garrison and also high tier buildings have more Line Infantry than Levy Infantry).
- Fatigue affected more by reloading/firing.
- FotS Infantry more resistant to cavalry.
(This hotfix is fully compatible with your campaign saves)
Special new in v3.8
- Fixed the random campaign Freezes.
- Fixed CAI preferring too much Yari Samurai.
- CAI now not too aggressive.
- Naval Autocalc improved.
- AI formation fix so not to cause random CTD in battles.
- Made CAI to prefer far less the Gunboats but I cannot optimise because the relevant file cannot be modded yet.
- Returned projectile effectiveness to proper levels.
- Fine tuned naval projectile damage.
- Made less the accuracy bonus of a certain technology level because it increased it proportionally too much and destroyed balance.
- Removed rank fire ability for Matchlock Katchi because the AI never used it and probably it affected negatively the AI using this drill.
- Improved the artillery accuracy to be better as requested.
- Lessened the artillery crew "dancing" (not sure if it is a vanilla bug).
- Improved the CAI recruitment choices for all campaign types (Boshin, Genpei, Sengoku).
- Naval autocalc should not be so lethal so that gunboats take bigger ships with them.
Many thanks to the people who have reported very quickly
in this thread: Twcenter.net
and here: Twcenter.net because without them I would not be able to update the mod so quickly.
Download the Full Launcher Version
and then upgrade with the patch.