Are you tired of Vanilla ignoring the larger part of history? Luxembourg conquering the world by 1941? Canadian naval invasions ruining your dreams of Lebensraum? Then this mod is for you.
By improving and balancing the base game, Darkest Hour offers an experience that is not only more historically accurate but is also immersive and enjoyable at the same time.
Playing as a minor is more challenging and therefore World conquests are even harder and more difficult to achieve!
Yet, the mod still allows for plausible alternate history. When historical plans are available these will be used, whether they were either proposed or partially implemented. In other cases the principles of the past guide content creation.
The mod can be found here : Steamcommunity.com
[h1]We currently have implemented the following: [/h1]
- Revised national focus trees for majors and minors (Only Germany is currently done)
- Reworked and tweaked technologies, extended to cover the 60s
- Adding new modifiers to reflect the superiority and inferiority of certain countries, for example, The German “Blitzkrieg”, British “Our Finest Hour”, and the Soviet “Great Patriotic war” and much more ...
- Tons of new events to improve immersion and flavor. Including the Reichskommisariat events both historical, -
planned, and plausible ones North, East and West of Germany to fulfill all your Lebensraum needs.
- Re-balanced the weather and terrain modifiers making it even more meaningful.
- World Wars aren’t meant to be done in a couple years.
- Rebalanced everything from tanks to planes to ships and manpower for a more authentic and realistic army composition.
- Limit the Division spam for both the player and the AI thus reducing the amount of lag in the mid and late game.
- New custom sprites for air and ground assets, Naval ones will be done in the incoming patches.
- New loading screens and more than 75 new loading screen quotes, more will be added in the future
Keep in mind that the mod is still a Work in progress.
[h1]Darkest Hour uses components from the following mods: [/h1]
- Map Nerd by Yakez
- More unit levels vanilla range
- Realistic Air Missions (LITE) by Aerodil
[h1]Q : Is this mod somehow connected to the Darkest Hour a Hearts of Iron game? [/h1]
A : Not really, except for the fact that it will be heavily based off it in terms of events and flavor.
[h1]Q : Are you going to add new focus trees/ countries/ tech trees? [/h1]
A : Yes we will. I'd be great if we could get more people aboard to help code the designs and plans we have.
[h1]Q : What's the scope of this mod?[/h1]
A : Enhancing vanilla, balancing everything from the equipment to the units to the tech and focus trees, adding more flavor and depth to the game especially inner politics.
[h1]Q : Why does Germany use the German Empire flag?[/h1]
A : We couldn't include the swastika flag in the mod for our German players, However, you can get the uncensored sub mod here Steamcommunity.com.
[h1]Q : I found a bug, where shall I report it?[/h1]
A : Please do so in the "Known Bugs" thread.
[h1]Q : Can I use X in my mod?[/h1]
A : No, Everything was made for Darkest Hour and Darkest Hour only.
[h1]Q : Are you going to add more start dates? What about 1933?[/h1]
A : Possibly in the foreseeable future, as for the 1933 start date, probably not, Our scope is mainly 1936-1964.
[h1]Q : Why 1964 ?[/h1]
A : Ehhhh because 6+4=10.
I'd love to thanks:
- Kaser for his support throughout the different phases of this mod's development, from researching to designing to executing all of this.
- Andret for helping with the German NFT
- popkillerlight for helping with the Italian events
- Aeternall for working on the German NFT, hope he'll fix his code some day.
Wanna help us? Then come and join us on our dedicated discord server Here
Well Hello everyone,
It’s been ages since the last Dev Diary, eh? It sure has been a long while but that doesn’t mean that development on the mod has ceased cause it never did.
We've been working hard on the new 0.2 "Konev" update, projected to be released post-December 15th (Well, if we had access to the Beta we would've probably gotten it ready much sooner *wink wink paradox*)
And so today’s subject will be the newly revamped Ideologies...
We all know how good the ideologies layout worked on HOI IV, it was simple yet efficient, but to me (and a lot of the others) it was too simple, and so we decided to bring back the good old Ideologies from HoI II, Darkest Hour and HoI III, if you’re not familiar with any of those titles, I’ll be explaining each one of them one by one:
Usually referred to as Nazism, I believe it’s a rather self-explanatory ideology, a good example would be Germany under the rule of Adolf Hitler
Simply a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, Think of Mussolini’s Italy, It also seems like they don’t have an issue with monarchies (We’ll get into that later on)
Covers all sorts of Authoritarian ruling systems, from Dictatorships to Absolute monarchies, it’s rather widespread in Asia, the Middle-East and Southern America, some good examples would be Japan (before Tojo taking over), Saudi Arabia and more
Also known as Left Wing Nationalism, It’s mainly to represent Euro-Communists (Josef Broz Tito), Pan Arab Baathists (Gamel Abdel Nasser). It’s also used to represent the Right Opposition in the USSR (Nikolai Bukharin) and the Anarcho-Communists like the CNT-FAI in Spain (Which will be the subject of an upcoming Dev Diary ;-)
Leninists, it’s mainly used to represent lighter forms of communism such as Trotskyites, Internationalists and such
Also known as “Hardcore Communism”, usually with a heavy emphasis on Industry (and a tendency of getting famines from time to time) a good example would be Papa Stalin and Uncle Mao.
With all these new ideologies, which will hopefully add a bit more complexity and variety to the politics of HOI4: DH, We’re gonna need to add leaders to cover these up, which is still a WIP.
However, we decided to take the chance and redo all the portraits to a new B&W vanilla-ish looking style, allowing us to easily add new portraits (the process takes less than 10 mins)
Here are some examples of the newly added portraits
Well that’s all for this Dev Diary, Thank you guys for your time, if you wanna be notified about the new addition that I’m working on for Darkest Hour make sure to hop on our Discord server or Follow me on Twitter Twitter.com
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.