Daemons Mod - Official Stand Alone Race For Dawn of War Soulstorm Description: This mod will be adding the Daemons race to Dawn of War: Soulstorm. The Demons race will be created to bring forth the most viscous of demonic forces unlike Chaos, and their power of 100% daemonic domination will be witnessed in this mod. The Daemons race focuses on the creation of all demons, and all demons will be within this mod. All new units, structures, abilities, new design of gameplay (epic gameplay that's for sure), art, ai, upgrades, and a complete race alone will be forged by our hands. The Demons mod Team combined with the Apocalypse mod Team will bring you a final breath-taking discovery and demonstrate to you one of the final epic races of Dawn of War 40K.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) before posting. Answers to many usual questions about UA can be found here. If you have a question that isn't in the FAQ, have a suggestion or any similar scenario, post in the comments section below.
Posted by Lord_Cylarne on Dec 23rd, 2012
Ultimate Apocalypse Mod setup:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. Dawn of War - Soulstorm installed. Any version (Steam or disk) works.
2. Ultimate Apocalypse v1.8, aka "The Hunt Begins" installer. Download from:
Moddb.com OR Mediafire.com OR Drive.google.com OR Mega.nz OR .torrent file
3. Ultimate Apocalypse v1.8.2 patch installer. Download from:
Moddb.com OR Gamefront.com OR Mediafire.com OR Drive.google.com OR Mega.nz
4. Install them, the patch after the main installer
5. Launch Soulstorm, click the Game Manager on the Main Menu and select: "UA: The Hunt Begins"
1. Dawn of War - Soulstorm with UA The Hunt Begins installed
2. Inquisition: Daemonhunt mod installer. Download from:
Gamefront.com OR Drive.google.com OR Mega.nz
3. Chaos Daemons mod installer. Download from:
Gamefront.com OR Mediafire.com OR Drive.google.com OR Mega.nz
4. Tyranid mod installer. Download from:
5. Install all three Inquisition: Daemonhunt, Tyranid, and Chaos Daemons mods
6. Launch Soulstorm, click the Game Manager on the Main Menu and select: "UA: THB - New Factions"
Q: Will there be campaign mode in UA?
A: Campaign mode is indeed planned for future versions of UA, after The Hunt Begins and its patches.
Q: But I really want campaign mode! What can I do?
A: You can manually re-enable the Kaurava campaign. Keep in mind it's not officially supported, so don't expect coverage on any technical/balance issues you encounter in it. Krutchen posted relatively easy instructions to enable it, which I'll shamelessly rip off as I'm not much of a coder :P
1. Download Corsix's Mod Studio, and extract it to your Soulstorm directory.
2. Select load DOW:SS Mod, then your UltimateApocalypse_THB.module
3. Then, follow this path until you get to this file:
Data > Art > UI > Screens > Mainmenu.screen
4. Go to line 855, and remove "visible = false,"
5. However, this will cover your skirmish button. So I would suggest you additionally go to line 795-799 and change that button's position to:
The buttons will be all lumped up close to each other, but it'll still work.
Q: Where to post bug reports?
A: On this thread Moddb.com
Q: Will even more additional races be added to the UA mod?
A: Very unlikely. New races take a very long time to integrate with UA, plus there's the lack of epic units for most standalone race mods.
Q: When I go load UA from the Game Manager it isn't there! What to do?
A: Assuming the THB installer ran correctly, you either changed the installation directory and/or your Soulstorm game isn't correctly installed. This is fixable however. Take the mod data from the extraction path you set it to and move it to your Soulstorm directory. Be aware you might have a Dawn of War Soulstorm folder (with the UA mod data in it) within your Soulstorm directory.
Q: Does the mod work for the Steam version of Soulstorm? Where to install it for the Steam version?
A: Yes, UA works on any version of Soulstorm, actually. If you have it on Steam, the installer should detect the correct directory automatically.
By default, that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dawn of War Soulstorm
Alternatively, you can see where exactly you have any game on Steam installed by right clicking it on your Steam Library, select Properties, then go to the Local Files tab and click the "Browse Local Files" button.
Q: Do I need to uninstall previous versions of UA to install THB?
A: No. THB was purposely made so it can be installed alongside older versions of UA.
Q: I installed the mods in a different order. Will things still work A-OK?
A: Yes. As long as you install the 1.8.2 patch after the main THB release it patches, you're fine.
Q: I downloaded the UA THB/patch .exe installer and it says the data is damaged! What to do?
A: Re-download it. Your download got damaged, the best way to approach this problem is to download again.
Q: I've re-downloaded but it still says it's damaged. What should I do?
A: If you were using Internet Explorer (particularly an old version of it), try with a different browser or updating IE. Also, if you were using a 3rd party download manager, try disabling it.
Q: Is there a way to know for certain if X file downloaded correctly?
A: Yes there is! You can do a MD5 hash check on them to easily confirm data integrity. For this, you'll need a hashing app. There's a lot of them and about any of 'em will get the job done. If you don't have any, here's one: Code.kliu.org
This one's particularly easy to use. Install it, then download the UA THB 1.8.2 setup data integrity check.zip file, extract it and place the .md5 files in a folder along with:
Chaos Daemons mod installer.exe
Inquisition Daemonhunt mod installer.exe
Ultimate Apocalypse - THB Patch v1.8.2r1.exe
Ultimate Apocalypse - The Hunt Begins.exe
Then, open "ALL files.md5" to check all files, or the .md5 file named as the installer you want to check. Remember the .md5 files must be in the same folder as the file they're checking. They follow a color code:
GREEN = File integrity is OK
YELLOW = File could not be found. Make sure it's on the same folder and the file name matches. Underscores (the '_' symbol) also count on the file name. For this reason, checks for UA files both with underscores and without underscores are included.
RED = File is damaged, and you must re-download it to get a good copy.
Q: ModDB download is not available/I don't want to download from ModDB. What options do I have?
A: Click that "read more +" on the description of both the UA THB main release and its patch. There's plenty of download mirrors. About the Tyranid mod... I dunno.
Q: Is the UA map pack included with THB?
A: Yes. Plus a few more, too.
Q: X thing doesn't work. Should I reinstall Soulstorm?
A: No. Unless your unmodded game is messed up for some reason, you do not need to reinstall Soulstorm.
Q: X thing doesn't work. Should I uninstall [other mod]?
A: No. Dawn of War mods load as modular, separate components, they do not interfere with each other.
Q: Still, how do I make SURE a DoW mod is uninstalled?
A: Delete its folder(s) and .module file(s). Objective Points comes with many mods but is also used by many mods, it is not recommended to remove it (unless you're reinstalling it).
Q: I did everything exactly as instructed and THB/New Factions doesn't work, what do?
I hate when people ask this If you did install exactly as instructed here, then it would be working. Re-check your installation process.
Q: I'm 99.98% sure I got stuff installed properly but THB/New Factions fails to load when selected from the game manager. What to do?
A: I would just tell you to re-install everything, but to be nice, I can pinpoint which mod needs reinstall if you send me a log file from your end (heck, you should be able to spot the mod name in the log, too).
To do so:
- Launch Soulstorm, try loading THB/New Factions (triggering the error), then close Soulstorm.
- Navigate to your Soulstorm directory, and locate a file named "Warnings.log"
- Open it with notepad, copy all of its contents and paste them in Pastebin.com
- When done, link your results back here.
Q: Will you make a tutorial/demonstrative video on how to install THB?
A: No. THB is without exaggeration, the easiest-to-install UA release, ever. Only way I could make it any easier would be with Steam Workshop support. Just look at the instruction count for zog's sake. You shouldn't need a video for 4 steps.
Q: My game crashes on large battles on UA. What to do?
A: Download and use this: Moddb.com
If you have non-Steam Soulstorm, refer to point "2) CTD (Crash to Desktop) Prevention" on this guide: Moddb.com
Q: When I start a game, the AI plays on my place and I can't do nothing! What I'm doing wrong?
A: You're using the -dev command on your game shortcut. Depending on what's your autoexec.lua file's configuration, pressing the "AI taking over" may be activated with Shift+F9 or automatic.
Q: I'm getting huge slowdowns and models partially disappear, help!
A: Install this runtime Microsoft.com Should fix the problem. If not, contact Steam support, they're there for this kind of stuff.
Q: Is this mod available/will it be available for Dark crusade?
A: Nope. Can't be done without doing most of the mod again, so won't happen.
Q: Can I make my own modifications to UA?
A: Of course you can! UA is a mod to begin with, isn't it?
Q: So you won't have me nuked if I upload my modification to UA for others to use, then?
A: Heck, if you do a good job at it we may even feature it.
Q: What do I need to play this mod on multiplayer?
A: At least, Dawn of War Soulstorm and Ultimate Apocalypse installed. And one or more people with a setup just like yours. As in absolutely no mods or game versions can be different.
If you have non-Steam Soulstorm, you'll also need a LAN tunneling app. More on this below.
Q: What is a LAN tunneling app, do I need one to play Soulstorm online, and which would you recommend?
A: Simply put, LAN tunneling allows you to play online using the Local Area Network (LAN) multiplayer.
For Soulstorm, you need this if you want to play with other players and don't have Soulstorm on Steam.
There's many LAN tunneling alternatives, but my recommendation is Evolve. A brief description? Think Tunngle, minus the ads, with a bit of Steam-like features. Other would be Hamachi, but it's (afaik) limited to 5 players unless you pay for it.
Q: I own a physical copy of Soulstorm already, I don't want to buy it again on Steam >:I
A: You don't have to. Sega's offering free Steam copies of DoW1 to people who have it on disk: Steamcommunity.com
Q: I can't see my friends' games in multiplayer/they can't see mine. How to fix?
A: This may be caused by a disparity on players running/not running Soulstorm from the NTCore-modified executable. Make sure all players run Soulstorm from either the modified or vanilla .exe.
Also, this can also be caused by some players running New Factions and others the core mod. This must also match across players.
Q: When playing multiplayer, some races are greyed out and I can't select them. How do I fix this?
A: On Soulstorm multiplayer, only Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar are unlocked by default. Having the other DoW1 games installed unlocks the other races. Specifically:
DoW "classic" unlocks: Space Marines, Chaos, Orks and Eldar.
Winter Assault unlocks: Imperial Guard
Dark Crusade unlocks: Necrons and Tau.
Races added by mods are always unlocked.
If you have these titles, want to unlock these races in Soulstorm multiplayer but don't have the hard drive space to spare, this unlocker tool does exactly what you need Dow.4players.de
It "tricks" the game into you have other DoW1 games installed with only Soulstorm. You still need legitimate game keys for DoW, WA and DC, of course.
Q: I/my friend(s) get a sync error. How to fix?
A: There is a few things to look out for.
- All players must run the exact same UA patch version.
- Win conditions like Advanced Overwatch, Sandbox or AutoReinforce conflict with multiplayer and can cause sync errors.
- Any attribute file that doesn't match across players, even in the slightest, will also cause a sync error. Textures, sound files, camera settings and badges/banners do NOT cause sync errors.
- I haven't got a chance to properly confirm this, but if you only have Soulstorm installed (thus, only Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle unlocked) and try playing online on a game with say, Necrons, for any player, also triggers a sync error, even if the setups across players are properly installed. The solutions being installing the previous DoW1 games (more on this on the previous question) or playing with just the races in Soulstorm or added by mods. Again, I haven't been able to thoroughly confirm this, any input on this subject will be amply appreciated.
Q: Is the -dev shortcut command compatible with multiplayer?
A: Very much no. Not in DoW1, at least.
Q: I tried every solution on this section and still get a sync error, what do?
Are you trying to make my life difficult? OK. If you:
- Have all players using the same type of Soulstorm executable (either ALL NTcore or ALL non-NTcore, not a mix)
- Have all players running the EXACT same version of ALL mods included.
- Don't have any modified attribute files on any of the involved players' ends.
- Tried a "test game" (as in to check if it works) with JUST Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle, default settings and the Annihilate win condition, nothing more.
And STILL get a sync error, either: You haven't actually done all of that, or the issue originates somewhere else. A misconfigured router maybe? I don't know.
If at any of these steps you no longer get sync errors, then you have just found where your problem was.