This is the up-to-date version of the Commander's Manual. To enable new players to have an easy start I uploaded the manual seperately. The Commander's...
D3NNISK'S FORTS enables you to turn any Onslaught-map into a classic Real-Time-Strategy battlefield.
You must establish a base of operations, gather resources, research new technologies and upgrades as well as take care of your base's energy supply and defences.
Here is a list of some features:
- 2 playable factions (Version 3.0)
- unique upgrades and technologies to be researched
- new vehicles
- various structures including resource-processing, energy supply, technology, unit production,
defence and special weapons buildings
- Tech-Tree ( vehicles and structures require other structures before they become available )
- All Energy Turrets will be removed from the map since it is now up to you to set up an effective
line of defence.
- In order to provide enough space for your first structures, no vehicles will spawn near your Power
- Mineral fields and –fountains will be spread over the map. Number, expansion and richness of those
deposits can be adjusted in the mutator-configurations-menu.
- Every player is allowed to place structures. To what extend friendly structures can
be sold by players, the host can adjust in the mutator-configurations-menu.
- Alternatively, Bots will deploy structures as well.
You need the UT2004 ECE Bonus Pack installed to play this modification.
Unlike the previous handheld-device-based construction system, you will now use construction vehicles and platforms to set up buildings almost anywhere you want on the map.
Construction vehicles (U.C.V.s) are spawned near each team's Power Core so you can easily start building the first buildings and defenses right from the start.
If you want to place additional buildings further away from your Power Core, you can take one of the initial U.C.V.s from your home base and drive it to the place you want to set up a structure.
If you want to place more than one building away from your home base, I recommend you to use the first U.C.V. to build a Logistics Uplink (Conglomerate) or a Base Hub (Anubian Alliance) which will allow you to build more U.C.V.s on site. Ordering a U.C.V. on battlefield costs quite a sum but is much more practical than driving these large, slow and unarmed vehicles around.
The Universal Construction Vehicle (U.C.V.) carries all the equipment needed to set up buildings on the battlefield. It can be driven to the future site of the building where the driver chooses the type of structure to be constructed from a list of all available buildings. The U.C.V. then deploys itself and starts the construction process.
Buildings which are deployed on slopes or rough terrain will be placed on platforms which will be erected by the construction vehicle automatically. This makes it possible to play FORTS on even more Onslaught- maps than before.
I replaced the mining vehicles and Harvester Bases by stationary mining assets and the new resource systems works quite well at the moment. Currently I am working on some 3D-Models for the "Extractor" as I call it temporarily and improvement of the multiplayer-code.
If the network-testing is successful, I am looking forward to release an update within the next weeks.
Stay tuned for more infos.