This is the up-to-date version of the Commander's Manual. To enable new players to have an easy start I uploaded the manual seperately. The Commander's...
D3NNISK'S FORTS enables you to turn any Onslaught-map into a classic Real-Time-Strategy battlefield.
You must establish a base of operations, gather resources, research new technologies and upgrades as well as take care of your base's energy supply and defences.
Here is a list of some features:
- 2 playable factions (Version 3.0)
- unique upgrades and technologies to be researched
- new vehicles
- various structures including resource-processing, energy supply, technology, unit production,
defence and special weapons buildings
- Tech-Tree ( vehicles and structures require other structures before they become available )
- All Energy Turrets will be removed from the map since it is now up to you to set up an effective
line of defence.
- In order to provide enough space for your first structures, no vehicles will spawn near your Power
- Mineral fields and –fountains will be spread over the map. Number, expansion and richness of those
deposits can be adjusted in the mutator-configurations-menu.
- Every player is allowed to place structures. To what extend friendly structures can
be sold by players, the host can adjust in the mutator-configurations-menu.
- Alternatively, Bots will deploy structures as well.
You need the UT2004 ECE Bonus Pack installed to play this modification.
I uploaded version 3.1 of my FORTS modification to the downloads section.
As announced, I added some new content and fixed some bugs that often generated huge .log-files.
The network-bug however is not completely eliminated yet but I'll keep on hunting it down.
Below is an outline of the changes so far:
- fixed the faction mix-up in the mutator configurations menu
- revised and updated the majority of the code for more stability
- updated some graphics
- "Hornet" fighter drone added
- "Destroyer" bomber craft added
- ONS-FORTS-Outland is included in this download