The new version of FORTS takes focus on multiplayer compatibility and introduces new features such as an all-new construction system and an RTS camera...
D3NNISK'S FORTS enables you to turn any Onslaught-map into a classic Real-Time-Strategy battlefield.
You must establish a base of operations, gather resources, research new technologies and upgrades as well as take care of your base's energy supply and defences.
Here is a list of some features:
- 2 playable factions (Version 3.0)
- unique upgrades and technologies to be researched
- new vehicles
- various structures including resource-processing, energy supply, technology, unit production,
defence and special weapons buildings
- Tech-Tree ( vehicles and structures require other structures before they become available )
- All Energy Turrets will be removed from the map since it is now up to you to set up an effective
line of defence.
- In order to provide enough space for your first structures, no vehicles will spawn near your Power
- Mineral fields and –fountains will be spread over the map. Number, expansion and richness of those
deposits can be adjusted in the mutator-configurations-menu.
- Every player is allowed to place structures. To what extend friendly structures can
be sold by players, the host can adjust in the mutator-configurations-menu.
- Alternatively, Bots will deploy structures as well.
You need the UT2004 ECE Bonus Pack installed to play this modification.
The new version of my modification takes focus on multiplayer compatibility and introduces new features such as an all-new construction system and an RTS camera mode.
Change Log for FORTS 3.2:
- Construction Vehicle introduced
- Mineral Extractor introduced
- Harvester, Pioneer and Harvester-Base removed ( maybe re-introduced later again )
- improved A.I. support for base-building
- improved loadout system takes players who change the team during a round into consideration
- RTS-Camera-System introduced for all controllable buildings
- Building interaction (repair, sell, ...) now is part of the RTS-Camera-System
- Bots will leave a building when a player trys to enter.
- Major code changes and improvements for networ support and reliability
- Multiplayer ready (with some minor bugs)
- Gladiator chassis collision fixed
- Reactor Booster now affects all placed reactors at once
- Battlemaster weapon-pawn bug fixed
- Cicada machinegun-turret bug fixed
- ION CANNON has now a larger radius of effect
- Scout HoverBike introduced ( to call in ION CANNON stike )
- Scout HoverBike cannot be hijacked
- not yet Multiplayer ready...
- Bee Drone now serves as a repair and support unit
- Assault Rifle tracer effect fixed
- Cobra plasma cannon has now a higher firing rate
- Cobra machinegun bug fixed
I want to mention that there are still some bugs when playing via a local area network.
Thanks for the support and have a lot of fun with FORTS!