Crossfire continues the epic adventures of Edison Trent. Get ready for a brand new experience in a breathtaking and extraordinary environment. This mod is the unofficial sequel to Freelancer with the most stunning graphics and worlds you have ever seen. Jump into an atomspheric universe full of surprises, challenges incredible adventures. Experience the awesome gameplay, highest quality and unique features of Crossfire. With several hundred thousand downloads, four Mod Award Nominations and it's very large fan community Crossfire has developed to one of the most favorite Singleplayer and Multiplayer mods for Freelancer.
This is one of the hardest Freelancer mod i have ever play.When you dont know 100% how to fly in FL,you have no chance,to enter the Core Systems,the main reason why i have play this mod.The visual is very great,and the new system,with new story line,is nice.10 for this massive work,but i think,the Online Modus is not stable enough,i have play a couple of hours,and the server crashes 2-4 in 3 hours.PvP is only a Rocket show,one hit,or die.Next is the massive use of colours,the mod looks to crazy coulorfull,in dogfights,you loose fast your targets in the backgrounds colourful space. My reflect,perfect mod,for perfect pro pilots,with massive frustrations resist.
Ty your mod is awesome,keep up the good work!You bring back good memories.This is an awesome game and with this mod it gets even better.I really like the graphics and the dynamic universe,new ship,weapons,systems and etc
this is a mush have for every one who like freelancer
Since I don't care about the multiplayer, I'm only rating my singleplayer experience (Crossfire 2.0):
- amazing new HD textures and effects, rotating planets, etc...
- lots of new sexy ships and equipment (you can now also upgrade your scanner, tractor beam, energy generator for your guns which is pretty cool)
- very dynamic universe, NPCs always look very busy
- new ways to make cash (police/smuggler and other types of contracts, selling escape pods to prisons, etc...)
- childish new character skins, not consistent with the background and atmosphere of the story (Juni's outfit looks like something from a ***** 12-year-old dream), but luckily these can be turned off.
- occasional crashes (Win 8.1 64bit)
- Dogfights are too long and annoying. First of all the difficulty is much higher, AI is making lots of crazy maneuvers, a bit like something you would expect from real players. This may be a good thing as the difficulty can be overcome after some practice, but the most annoying part is that AI has INFINITE shield batteries and nanobots. So if you are in a very long fight you will basically use up all your stuff and the enemy just keeps restoring his hull/shields until you die, it's ridiculous. I would be okay with the AI healing itself if it wasn't infinite.
- Campaign progression is VERY slow and level requirements are ridiculously high. In vanilla campaign you basically complete 3-4 local missions, upgrade your equipment and proceed with the story. In Crossfire from the very beginning you need to make hundreds of thousands of credits in order to continue. You need to either complete 20 local side-missions or engage in trading, both of which get very boring and repetitive. Campaign basically consists of 5% story and 95% just flying around and looking for ways to make credits.
I completely lost interest in proceeding after landing on the Blood Dragon base (I had to make 1.200.000 credits to level up). It is a shame that a mod of such great potential removed the fast-pacing of the original campaign.
Nice content shame about the combat far to protracted, tedious, tiresome and boring. Solid gameplay and competent balancing should be ironed out first before anything else is thrown into the mix devs. Oh well it is a fan made mod, so nice try and better luck to the devs in their next endeavor.