Contra is a freeware modification for Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour real-time strategy game. It's a big project started in 2004. It adds many new units as well as numerous new upgrades, new general's powers and buildings. It also adds new sounds, maps, bug fixes, enhanced graphics, and other effects, as well as three new generals. There are lots of people playing in multiplayer.
Contra 008 changelog (part 9) Fixed errors, Changes, Canceled changes.
Posted by Taran.UA on Jul 20th, 2010
- All experience was checked. Some bugs were found: players gained too much XP for some units and too small XP for anothers. Everything was fixed.
- Stealth general: GLA Factory did not have camouflage upgrade cameo. Fixed.
- Demo general: Destroyed Dolphin threw terrorist body into air. The body did not fall down sometimes. Fixed.
- Laser: Sentry Drones started to fire at air units after Carbon Lasers upgrade. They should not do it. Fixed.
- SW general: It was impossible to put mines and drones into build queue for defense structures. Partialy fixed. If you build drone first then you can put mines into queue.
- China: When you select multiple Overlords or Helixes, all upgrade buttons disappear if one of them was upgraded. It was very inconvenient. Fixed.
- GLA: Demo and Toxin gneneral defenses could not be disabled by microwave tanks. Fixed.
- When you put mouse cursor over Helix upgrade, the game says "Install sometning... on a tank". Fixed.
- SW general ICBM missile silo had graphics glitch. The missile exploded with MOAB effect, but destroyed silo exploded with nuke effect. Fixed.
- All: Build speed is not reduced when you have low power. This feature was enabled since the very first Generals and brought a number of bugs into the game:
*** GLA has no power. And hence, everything is built with less speed (yes, it is true, it was tested and proved).
*** When GLA captures an enemy building, all build speed is reduced even more.
*** When GLA builds structures using fake buildings they are built faster because building speed penalty does not effect upgrades.
All these bugs were fixed with one change.
- Experience was calculated properly for China and GLA boss generals units.
- Generals challenge loading screen was replaced with screenshot from Contra.
- All snipers in game have 25% less attack range and less movement speed.
- All: Planes have beautiful engine trail now.
- AF general: Combat Chinook has 15% less attack range. Number of sit places were lowered from 8 to 6.
- AF general: New helicopter - Pave Low. (you saw it already).
- Cyber general: Leech money stealing ability requires Supply Drop Zone. Build Supply Drop Zone to access this ability. No upgrades are needed.
- Cyber general: Pegasus brings 50% more damage now.
- Cyber general: Roboraptor cost was reduced to $1200.
- Cyber general: Pegasus has new 3D model (you saw the render already).
- SW general: Mines were moved at rank 1.
- Laser general: Paladin firepower and cost were increased.
- Laser general: New effect for Omega and Annihilator (you saw the screenshot already).
- China: ECM shells disable vehicles instantly now. Vehicles stay disabled for 3 seconds.
- China: Red Arrows were strengthed by 20% versus air targets.
- Tank general: Sniper Cannon shell flies slower and can miss fast moving units.
- Tank general: Helix has 6 sit places now. It is enough to transport 2 tanks. But Battle bunker upgrade was removed.
- Tank general: New unit: Bixi cargo helicopter. It can transport overlord class tanks.
- Tank general: All gattlings were replaced with Gauss cannons. Gauss addon instead of Gattling addon, Gauss tank instead of Gattling tank and new Gauss shells upgrade instead of Chainguns upgrade.
- Tank general: Autoloader upgrade effects Sniper Cannon now.
- Infantry general: Minigunners have 15% less attack range versus air units. (There is nothing bad with it because Red Arrow and Gattling Troop Crawler were strengthed versus air.)
- Infantry general: Gattling Troop Crawler has AA armor now. It is resistant to aircraft fire. And so, Gattling Troop Crawler will not be destroyed with one F18 any more.
- Infantry general: Listening Outpost is built empty and costs less.
- Infantry general: Aircraft armor upgrade was returned.
- Infantry general: I made new 3D model for fast troop transport, which was added earlier to Infantry general. Fast transport was turned into jet APC. Render and screenshots will be uploaded a bit later.
- Flame general: Flamethrower trooper missile explodes with no delay after Thermobaric mixtures upgrade. It allows to kill moving soldiers effectively.
- Flame general: Immolator flamethrower was replaced with autogenous welding, which is effective vs all targets.
- GLA: Microwave tanks don't disable stinger sites anymore. (They kill stinger troopers and it is enough).
- GLA: You can build many fake Black Markets and fake Super Weapons in any game mode. Black Markets limit was set to 6 and super weapons limit is 1 in tournament mode. When you reach the limits, upgrade button becomes greyed out. So, you can continue to build fake structures, but will not be able to upgrade them if limits are reached.
- GLA: Batte Bus is stealth now, but it moves 15% slower and its armor was lowered by 15% too.
- Toxin general: Chemical Bunker was turned from super demo trap into small defiler. It can contaminate surrounding terrain with toxins, acids and yellow clouds by button.
- Assault general: Sneak attack general's ability is purchased from the very beginning and available at rank 1.
- Assault general: Karkadann can fire at air units with its cannons now.
- Assault general: New building: Hedgehog wall. Worker builds a square of 12 artificial obstacles. One square costs $600. Obstacles block path for enemy units and have enough armor to delay enemy army significantly.
- Assault general: New graphics for vehicle resurrection ability.
- Nuke and Tank generals supply trucks were returned. Tank one has supply truck with machinegun.