As a member of an elite rebel fighting force based out of City 17, you and your four comrades have found yourself in a most hopeless situation: an unstoppable horde is approaching, one that cannot be defeated even by the likes of you and your experienced team. Facing insurmountable odds and with no hope of rescue, there's only one thing you can do: hold your ground and face endless waves of enemies in a suicidal yet heroic effort to save as many future victims’ lives as possible. You will not survive.
An update for Contingency is now available! It includes various gameplay changes, bug fixes, a new weapon and a new map. Update now!
Posted by jamespizzurro on Jan 7th, 2012
It is time! An update for Contingency, dubbed v0.1.5, is now available for download here on ModDB as well as on our official website. It includes lots of gameplay tweaks, plenty of bug fixes, a new weapon, a new map...not to mention a whole lot of stuff you guys have suggested to us in the past week, and what a week it has been!
Speaking of which, I would like to take the time to thank all of you very much for the brilliant feedback we have received this past week. It has been one hell of a ride so far, and we hope you have all been enjoying yourselves as much as we have. I personally could have never imagined Contingency being so successful right off the bat, and I know the modding community is to thank for that, so again, thank you! We will do our best to keep Contingency thriving by providing a continuous stream of updates as necessary as well as hosting quality servers thanks to our wonderful sponsor Branzone.
Anyway, below is a full change log for v0.1.5. Each entry is pretty significant, otherwise I would have highlighted some particular ones in bold for you guys.
- All NPCs are now much more aware of spawnable props so that enemy NPCs will attack them upon encountering them, including if they are blocking the way to players
- Players can no longer collide with each other, thereby fixing any issues where players could get stuck inside other players when spawning and whatnot
- Support NPCs and deployed turrets no longer damage players' spawned props
- The RPG is now an equipment item rather than a primary weapon
- S.L.A.M. tripmines can no longer be set off by players, support NPCs, deployed turrets, or spawnable props
- Zombie and headcrab waves have now been combined into one zombie wave, where headcrabs have been re-added to all zombie types and have the possibility of releasing from their hosts
- NPCs that wield weapons (e.g. Combine soldiers and armed citizens) can no longer fire from insanely far distances, making them less effective overall
- Reworked the number of NPCs that spawn per wave based on more logical factors and additional play-testing (we used maths!), where players are now expected to progress further in the game overall (i.e. players will likely clear more waves per game now compared to the old system)
- Added a new weapon for the equipment slot: the vortex hopwire grenade
- Added challenge waves, where only one random type of NPC is spawned during the entire duration of the wave, that occur every 5 waves by default (this can be changed via ConVar by servers though)
- Fixed all known issues pertaining to contingency_overpass
- Fixed all known issues pertaining to contingency_bunker
- The maximum health of spawnable props is now shown on the prop spawning menu and the current health of a particular spawned prop is now shown when you put your crosshair over it
- There is now a 'teleport back to spawn' function that can be bound to a specific key ('m' by default), but it can only be used when you are truly stuck on something
- Players can no longer spawn props in ways that get them, other players or support NPCs directly stuck inside said props
- Fixed all known issues pertaining to contingency_factory
- Completely revamped contingency_ravine from scratch
- Added a concrete barrier to the prop spawning menu (costs 10 credits, has 200HP)
As always, if you have any comments, questions, suggestions or complaints regarding this new release, feel free to comment here, make a thread on our forum or even private message me directly. Also, be sure to join our official Steam fan group to stay up-to-date on all the latest news and updates directly from the development team and Agent Red Productions.
That's all for now. Have fun and be let us know what you think!
Lead Developer of Contingency
Co-founder of Agent Red Productions