Since the project was canceled/Moved to RedAlert3 engine we dicided to release some of our work for public use. These models are intended to use in C&C3...
Q: When it's gonna be released?
A: As soon as i finish it, i don't really want to rush with my projects, because great things take time, but i assure you - it won't take too long.
Q: Is there will be new units/buildings/abilities/generals powers?
A: I'm planning to release 2 version of mod in a same time, the first one will contain only default C&C Generals Stuff, the second one will have something new, not really sure what it will be.
Q: What the heck is RC1/2/3?
A: It's mod Release Candidate versions, i've devided my mod development into three stages : RC1 - Units Demo, RC2 - Units + Structures Demo, RC3 - Final Release.
Q: How are you gonna add abilities/upgrades/special powers to mod?
A: This will be simplified, i will use Veteran/Heroic states for GLA Units instead Junk collecting, some upgrades will be bundeled into protocol upgrades, you get the idea.
Currently i am working alone, but with a great help of these guys :
Jafhar/GoGoYubari - He's responsible for bright and great ideas, additional models, great advices, help with textures, there's really too much to mention so let's just say that he's a great person to be befriended with, period.
TimeDefender - When i need constructive criticism - i ask him, he's my RL friend, he's helped me with software that EA didn't care to include ( Particle Frames/Lifetime calc, C&C Geometry params converter, etc. He's also responsibe for tons of ideas.
Dcesarec - Proud member of Contra Mod team, great modeler, just a nice person. He is responsible for RC2 Infantry models, give him a huge thank you, because without him i was not able to bring infantry to RC2.
Zeke, and a whole NLS team - Thank you for contributing me your old unused assets, you made a GIANT contribution to RC2, now players of GenEvo will be pleases with your top notch models, thank you.
St4lk3r - Thank you for Marauder and Mammoth model, i am proud to use these.
Existor - Thank you for new main Generals Evolution logo, pretty much everything you draw is masterpiece. Keep it up lad.
Currently i am seeking for GUI Artist, just a retexture job, i need to get rid of RA3 UI completely. So if you're one of them then just PM me for info!
Bibber - The savior of C&C Modding community, authour of numerous tools and expansions, which made C&C3/RA3 modding simplier, i cannon imagine my mod without his work, kudos to you, mate.
Megumi/Asuka - Working with Bibber and other chaps she's responible for many other contributions to C&C3/RA3 modding.
All of you - And of course all of you, all who follow my mod and making feedback. Major thing that keeps mod alive is feedback, i must know that i am doing the right thing. You always cheer me up.
Hey there mates, once again, Gunship here, with new huge media update! Year ago i have decided to revive Generals Evolution mod, but with new life and concept. I've come so far from ideas and first units to what i have now - playable and stable version of game.
Maybe you want to hear the story of how i decided to start new GenEvo? Well, nothing really special, i was just playing around with my personal RA3 mod, started to port some of C&C Generals units ( Battlemaster, Overlord, DragonTank, NukeCannon ) just for fun. Right after that i've got an inspiration strike - what if i start remaking generals from scratch once again, but on Red Alert 3 ( SAGE 2.0 ) engine? Without thinking twice i said to myself and Sgor00 ( which was on steam chat with me ) - "Why the hell not? C&C3 GenEvo is kinda dead, iv'e reached engine limits, team is gone, people want Generals remake, shit i have nothing better to do anyways, let's get this thing moving!".
Yep, that's how it all started, i bet that's how all mods start.
So, let's change the subject! Okay, so, what's new? Oh man, a lot, a lot have been changed/added since RC1 release, it's scary to look at RC1 now for me. Here's the shortest list of changes since RC1 :
1) Changed model for : Crusader, Paladin, Laser Crusader, Avenger, Battlemaster, Overlord, Gattling Tank, Helix, Marauder.
2) Added : Laser Paladin, Katyusha, Helix, Rocket Buggy, Railgun Beast, Raptor, Stealth, Aurora, Mig, Emperor ( Now replacing Overlord ), Ranger, Missile Defender, Rebel, Tunnel Defender, Red Guard, Tank Hunter, ECM Tank, Troop Crawler, Paladin, Sentry Drone, Microwave Tank, A10.
3) Redone and reoptimized all VFX in a mod, from small bullet impacts, to huge and complex explosions.
4) Remade all Collusion Physiscs models ( Debris with physics ), changed shader to make them less affect performance and added details to destruction.
5) Changed 70% of RC1 sounds, to less earraping or nicer, i've also added a ton of new for new stuff.
6) Basic Infantry has been added and recoded.
7) Added Jets.
8) Added Weather effects : Snow, Blizzardy Snow, Desert Storm, Rain, Hard Rain.
9) Added new maps : Snowy Tournament, Desert City, Dead Pastures.
10) Changed/Fixed Maps : Armoured Fury, Tournament Desert, Defcon 6, Green Pastures.
11) Added Combat Responce Mechanic © to all units, they will now taunt and report status.
12) Fixed some civilian assets.
13) Added crap ton of Mapper stuff, i bet noone care anyways.
14) Changed all locomotors of all vehicles in the mod.
15) Added : Artillery Barrage, SCUD Storm, A10 Strike, Nuke, Particle Cannon.
16) Added Propaganda Buff logic.
17) Added Firestorm Logic.
18) Added Toxins Logic.
And other important stuff which i can't remember due to lack of sleep and social life.
Now for a important news, you may ask : "Changed models? For what? How? areyouawizard?"
Well, recently i have been allowed to use old assets of Generals X Mod, which is freaking great, now i have access to some awesome stuff like model remakes, i've been allowed to use plenty of them, all of them you can see in a gallery. I must give a huge THANKS to Zeke, and whole NLS Team, you guys made a huge contribution to my mod, making it a lot prettier. I really advice all of you to check out their work too, because it's masterpiece :
Also i've been allowed to use new Marauder model made by St4lk3r, You may see it in media section, thank you very much Stalker for your work and contribution, don't forget to check out his mod too! :
So! Enough words, let's proceed to media!
Well, that's all FOR NOW, Hope to see your feedback.
Gunship Mark II, Signing Out.