7 new races, new units and features for the original 9 races. With the mission to bring all races to Dawn of War, in the style of their Codex, drawing inspiration from the Table Top Game. The complete collection of the Codex Mod to date.
How to add extra races to the Codex mod by edition the codex.module file.
Posted by boothy_p on May 31st, 2012
1. Download and install the mod which includes the race you wish to add.
2. Open the 'codex_3_5.module' using notepad (backup before hand). The codex_3_5.module is located in the Soulstorm directory (usually 'C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Soulstorm').
3. On the line above 'RequiredMod.1 = DXP2', enter 'RequiredMod.1 =*mod.module file name*, for example 'RequiredMod.1 = BTmod'. All mods have a .module file located in the Soulstorm directory, just copy and paste this name in.
4. Rename 'RequiredMod.1 = DXP2' and 'RequiredMod.2 = W40k' to RequiredMod.2 = DXP2' and 'RequiredMod.3. = W40k'
5. Save the file.
6. To add more race mods, simply add extra lines in above DXP2 and W40K, but always make sure they are at the bottom with the highest numbers Eg. they would become 'RequiredMod.3' and 'RequiredMod.4' if another mod were added. .module file first.
Alternatively, you can just copy the codex.module file located in 'C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Soulstorm'\codex' and replace the codex.module file located in 'C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Soulstorm'. NOTE: This will only add Black Templars and Tyranids. These mods will need to be installed for this way, aswell.