This new patch made by Resef includes all the previous patches. You just need CATW 1.1 installed. To install this patch, download and extract it into...
is a mod based on Rome : Total War strategy turn-by-turn videogame created by Creative Assembly in 2004, and now integrated into the "Total War Era" pack distributed by SEGA. Coming from a graphists forums, and history geeks, Belisaire, prisejack and Armninius, we choosed, after having tried and enjoyed to play RTR and EB, to build our own mod. The task was filled by Belisaire which took ideas of new units and coded them, as with prosejack which made a website for it, an i (arminius), to the skinning process. At the end, the beta1 was released in october 2007. It was a demo unit featuring almost 28-30 units by factions, corrected and historically accurate, and three new factions replacing the roman families: Illyrians, Pergamum and Galatians. The mod was fun to play because of its lightness, while having gigantic amounts of units, all of them coming from vanilla game, as none of us known barely anything about modelling. But sooneafter, as the target was considered filled, the team gently dismissed, prisjack making some updates in the beta1 catw website, and i, having the will to make a true campaign game. This was CATW BETA2a, eventually released in september, 2008. With new units from addons and mods like Prometheus res gestae and Lusted terra expugnandae, anims from Signifer One, and new ships, new buildings and a lot of specific region units, the mod featured new music, graphics, and was fully playable, including original and new historical battles, new battlemaps, etc... It was entirely in french. An english traduction was made two month after. The second version or Beta2b (final beta2) was previously designed to play on the mundus magnus map, which never works properly. Now the work is reported on the final version, or CATW 1.0.
Go to our official forums at TwCenter:
The game is based on RTW 1.5, and is modfoldered, does not alter the original game, although there are some optional files (see later).
How to install the mod:
1. Check you have a fresh (unmodded) RTW 1.5 or BI 1.6 or even Alex 1.9 RTW version
2. Then you need to download Classical Age - Total War 1.1 and the two Patchs (and the optional addon 6 turns per year script if you want to play with it.)
3. Run the Classical Age - Total War 1.1, choose your own RTW path like : C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\
4. Use the shortcut inside CATW mod folder, just put it on your desktop, you can also use the icon inside CATW mod folder.
5. Then open the Patch (catw_patch1.1.2.zip) and unzip the data folder in the archive into the data folder inside the CATW mod directory (it should be like C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome - Total War/CATW/data)
6. Confirme to overwrite
7. Do the same with patch 1.1.3.
8. Done, you can play CATW with the latest version
Optional: How to install the 6 turns per year script:
1. Download and unzip the archive.
2. Copy the 'data' folder and paste onto the catw data folder.
3. Enjoy your 6tpy campaign with force diplomacy and darths formations!
* Some parts are not save game compatible.
**This small submod contains 5 summer turns and 1 winter turns force diplomacy, improved ai & 6tpy.
*** --- Forced shutdown ---
Press 'Esc' on the campaign map, then click on the '?' button in the
menu scroll to terminate the script.
When would this be useful? -- When you are already in a game and
exit back to the main menu to restart the campaign, or reload a saved
game, RTW does not automatically terminate the script, so you have
to do it yourself. If you leave the old script running, you'll have all
sorts of weird problems with the script in the new game.
**** The 6tpy script starts automatically. The force diplomacy script only runs if you select the question mark in the upper right corner of the screen during the diplomacy talks, after the question mark is clicked press the force diplomacy button to initiate the script.
Optional: How to install Night Battles:
2. Open up 'night battles catw' and copy the 'data' folder.
3. Paste over your Classical Age Total War folder (Rome - Total War\catw) (The data folder from the archive must overwrite the data folder inside catw folder).
4. Enjoy night battles in CATW.
Night battles are now playable in campaign and the night fighter traits and triggers are added.
This add-on is not save game compatible. It works with RTW 1.5 .exe and does not require the BI .exe.
Optional: How to install Force Diplomacy Script:
2. Open Force Diplomacy Script and copy the 'data' folder.
3. Paste into CATW folder (Rome - Total War\catw) (The data folder from the archive must overwrite the data folder inside catw folder).
4. Force the AI to accept your very reasonable proposals (no of course they aren't bias, no not at all )
*how to force the AI to accept a proposal
First you must click the ? in the upper right of the diplomacy box. Then you can force a faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button.
How to create a new shortcut to play with the mod:
1. Make a copy of the Rome - Total War shortcut on your desktop or make a shortcut of RomeTW.exe(Obviously this shortcut must refer to the executable in the same folder than the catw folder - just in case you have more than one RTW installation on your computer)
2. Right-click on this new shortcut, then click on "Properties".
3. At the end of the target line, add: " -nm -show_err -mod:catw" (the space is needed)
5. Then you should be able to launch the mod with this shortcut. If you want you can use the CATW icon located in the catw folder.
Feel free to post here if you have any problem related to installation.