CK2:MEP 0.1.4b has been released and can be downloaded either as a patch or full installation.
We have been working over the past week to fix bugs and enhance the mod, with many of the changes coming from your feedback! We can't thank you enough for your support and the interest has been a great motivation for all of us on the team. Your suggestions have allowed us to improve on our little mod and we hope you like the new patch!
Please remember that this is still only an early beta, there will be problems, there will be "What the-" moments, but we are making progress. But now, here's a small showcase of some of the new features and fixes in this next patch.
We have implemented three 'Trading Guilds' based on the Republic DLC from CK2. There is the Gondorian Guild of Venturers based in Pelargir, the Black Fleet of Umbar and the Sindar Mariners of Lindon. Explore a new style of play as you try to maintain and expand your trade empire even as the world around you spirals downward.
A multitude of new events have been added and we have tweaked some based on player feedback.
- The colonisation system has been overhauled and made more interesting and dynamic. It is now slightly harder than just pressing a single decision button to change the culture of a province to your own. New random events mean the success of a colony is decided partly by you, and partly by luck. To balance this, vassals are now able to colonise on your behalf.
- For Dwarf lovers there is now an event chain for the Dwarves which, if Sauron is defeated, gives them claims on Moria - the former Kingdom of Khazad-Dum - and Mount Gundabad, allowing them to be reclaimed for Durin's folk!
- Evil players will be happy to learn Sauron now gets a claim on a neighbouring 'Good' region every 5 years after 11375, to allow expansion beyond Gondor (if the courage of men fails).
- And finally, there is a new event chain for characters which hold both High Kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor past the year 14000, well into the 4th age. These new events will make it harder to hold both titles, and encourage a division of the Reunited Kingdom.
Other Notable Changes
- New Incapable and other health events (affects Numenoreans and Dwarves mostly).Half-Elves if anyone ever manages to sire one, live to be 150-250ish (Yes, I know Elros lived 450ish, but this is late in the 3rd age, and you're just the descendant of a Silvan Elf, not a royal line with Maiar blood).
- Changed "Invasion" casus belli for hostile religions/cultures, it now only works on duchies not whole kingdoms.
- Added a Human Infertility trait instead of using a fixed amount of time in defines, this allows Elves to continue being fertile for up to 5000 years.
- Dunlending claims on Rohan now fire correctly.
- New characters such as the descendants of Azaghâl or Telchar, as well as more Dwarves and playable Kingdoms of Nurunkhizdin and Zirakdum.
- New Interface by Talias from the Witcher mod. Special thanks for them! A new mini-map has been added too!
Full changelog included with the download.
We are still in need of modders in scripting and events, as well as other things.
Contact Redit or Lon here or on the Paradox Forums if you are interested in joining the MEP team.