This is a full conversion Tolkien mod for Crusader Kings 2 which will feature bookmarks throughout the Third Age. This mod is being developed independently from any other LotR or Middle Earth mods out there. The map will cover the main areas of Middle Earth, known in the books and films. So, Middle-Earth is waiting for you! Will you play as the descendant of one of the noble families of Rohan or Gondor? Will you try to reforge the ancient kingdoms of Elves in Eriador? Or will you try to destroy all the Free Peoples, and claim Middle Earth for Morgoth? This mod will give you a unique strategy experience of the Third Age in Middle-Earth. From Forodwaith to Bellakar, from Lindon to Rhûn, lead your dynasty and survive the Dark Times. Become one of the most important Lords of the Age!

Forum Thread
Still having trouble with peasant revolts after 0.3.1b (Games : Crusader Kings II : Mods : CK2: Middle Earth Project (CK2:MEP) : Forum : Bug Reports : Still having trouble with peasant revolts after 0.3.1b) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 26 2014 Anchor

Hi, sorry to have to post this, but I'm still having trouble with peasants revolting over and over again. I can send my marshal to every province now, even the ones owned by my vassals, but this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. Sorry for posting a second thread about the same problem, but I'm the most recent poster in the old thread about revolts so I can't make a new post unless I make a new thread.

It's not completely unplayable but I find that I can't go more than 30 seconds without a peasant revolt happening somewhere in my kingdom, which makes it difficult to play the game.

When you click on a province that you recently conquered in a war, it will have a red icon underneath the character portrait that says "Being purged. Local Revolt Risk: +50.0%" and I am convinced that the problem I'm having is that I can't get that icon to go away. I put my marshal there but the risk penalty never goes away.

I've noticed that I'm the only one who's posting about this problem, so I want to ask: Is anyone else having problems with too many peasant revolts happening in the same provinces over and over again? And if not, how do you purge your provinces? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I should be doing that I'm not doing?

I've been reading and apparently people playing in India in the unmodded CK2 (I've never tried India myself) were having tons of trouble with peasant revolts for the same reason - a pesky +50% revolt risk modifier that wouldn't go away. So maybe this bug is related to the original game and not related to the mod?

Thanks, I really enjoyed the changes and fixes you made in the update. The Isenvale Empire is exactly what I envisioned for Rohan to have their own empire, and you fixed some of the other bugs I brought up. This is just such an amazing mod. I'm so thankful that you guys put in so much of your time for us.

Edited by: Rendamar

Jul 27 2014 Anchor

so your saying you recently took a province of some sort and your having revolt propblems ?

did you purge the province ?

Jul 27 2014 Anchor

Hello Rendamar,
Sorry to hear that. You should purge your provinces, and the provinces of your vassals, as it works now, and you'll little by little lower the revolts i think.
By the way, this modifier shouldn't be on each provinces once you conquered them, but only on the ones you began to purge, no?

Jul 27 2014 Anchor

Is there some procedure for purging a province that I'm not doing? I just take a province. I replace the count with a count that's from my culture (or I take it for myself), and that's it, right? I mean I've tried putting my marshal there too, but that doesn't seem to make the revolts go away. I don't see any other buttons for purging a province . . . am I missing something?

Mind you I'm having trouble with peasant revolts, not the other revolts.

For example, in a recent game playing as Isengard I conquered Roha, so I have several Rohirrim provinces that say "being purged" on them. And some of them I conquered like 50 years ago and the modifier is still there, and they revolt every couple of months or sometimes even weeks or days apart.

I really hope that this is just something on my end; thanks for the help.

Jul 27 2014 Anchor

To purge them, you should put your mashall on the province you want to, and then you've got a decision to do it. Normally ^^
You're playing with which characters currently?

Jul 27 2014 Anchor

I'm playing with Saruman in my current game. Maybe that has something to do with it . . . I just noticed that when I "invite an emissary" he's istari/ creature of melkor, but when I give him a province he automatically converts to dunlending/haldadian. Also, a lot of the revolts come from provinces controlled by orcs or uruk-hai rulers.

I've tried putting my marshal in vassal provinces that have the modifier and I don't get any decisions. However I do notice that the modifier eventually disappears if I own the province personally.

Jul 28 2014 Anchor

yeah, that's normal for the random created characters. We don't allow the game to create "new" random istari, or maiar, so they're, after a few days, changed into dunlending, or orcs for Sauron for exemple.
I'll try to change some little things, to remove the modifier on provinces where there aren't any marshal with the good job on them. Hope it'll fix this problem for you, i'll test it, and will come back to give you the fix if it works :)

Jul 28 2014 Anchor

Thank you so much Lonhaldar!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.