This is a full conversion Tolkien mod for Crusader Kings 2 which will feature bookmarks throughout the Third Age. This mod is being developed independently from any other LotR or Middle Earth mods out there. The map will cover the main areas of Middle Earth, known in the books and films. So, Middle-Earth is waiting for you! Will you play as the descendant of one of the noble families of Rohan or Gondor? Will you try to reforge the ancient kingdoms of Elves in Eriador? Or will you try to destroy all the Free Peoples, and claim Middle Earth for Morgoth? This mod will give you a unique strategy experience of the Third Age in Middle-Earth. From Forodwaith to Bellakar, from Lindon to Rhûn, lead your dynasty and survive the Dark Times. Become one of the most important Lords of the Age!

Forum Thread
Angmar Issues 0.4.1b (Games : Crusader Kings II : Mods : CK2: Middle Earth Project (CK2:MEP) : Forum : General Discussion : Angmar Issues 0.4.1b) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 5 2015 Anchor

Just downloaded the mod, and I would like to share experiences from my first game with it. As Angmar. Probably not the most sane first choice. I'm really enjoying the map and all the flavor of the region. The balance of the different cultural units really makes Angmar a challenge with a couple of very powerful neighbors.

There are two things that have been driving me crazy the last couple of hours, though.
First, I can no longer purge "good" races. I could earlier, but no longer. I need to do so, so I can remove the Dunedain/Dwarf and Host of the Enemy debuffs from captured provinces. I saw an old post regarding this in the colonization thread from a while back, but the link was no longer valid, so I couldn't compare the event code. I added my own post to the thread.

Second, when I get cultural rebels and crush them, the province of origin is converted to my ruler's race and culture. The problem is he is the Witch King. So the province becomes Wight/Wight. Which means they lose all their buildings because the Wights apparently only have a couple of acceptable buildings. I am hesitant to post this as a bug because the feature seems to be working as intended. But the consequences of the provinces being changed to Wight/Wight are pretty dire as those provinces are effectively demolished. Perhaps a condition could be added to change it to Orc instead. Or add support for buildings to Wights. So far I have been manually calling an existing event to change the culture to Orc, but that doesn't change that all the buildings were wiped.

A third thing I noticed that is less of a big deal is the lack of retinue units for Angmar because of the Wight culture. I'm sure it just hasn't been gotten to yet, but I didn't see it on the missing list in the comments on the retinue subunits file. Not really a big deal. Just something that caught my attention, given my retinue cap is at 16k, but I can't make any.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. The mod is great. I know I have lots more options to play than what is probably the quirkiest domain in the game, and I certainly look forward to trying out a few different kingdoms.

Edited by: SoulStealer

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.