Just a list of some features in Equilibrium of The Night.
Posted by KnightofEquulei on Nov 10th, 2012
Celeritas Eos is an open world dark fantasy horror survival role playing game set on a fictional world with a low fantasy setting. Intended to be a four part series, the series starts with Equilibrium of The Night where you will assume the role of a set protagonist although subsequent titles in the series after Equilibrium will feature your own custom character (possibly characters) who can be imported into each adventure afterwards so that choices made in a previous module can be recognized.
- Undead that eat people and will hunt you down.
- Low fantasy world with primitive technology in existence. Largely still a medieval setting.
- Dark horror survival RPG set in a new mature universe (so there's nudity, sex, grotesque monsters and towns filled with all sorts of detestable people doing horrible things).
- Reputation system where NPC's act according to what you are known as. Be hated by people and become known as a prostitute, murderer, cheat and coward or be praised by people and become known as a heroic knight, vampire slayer, pious knight and one who is righteous.
- Permanent death (you have to load a save).
- A unique lore and back-story to the world.
- Fully customizable companions.
- Limited supplies such as healing potions.
- Vampires play a major role in the game.
- Expect appearances from vampires like Carmilla (complete with her lesbian sexuality thus staying true to the novel) and a rather notorious vampairic lord...
- Realistic vampire system where vampires have to be stabbed in the heart to die. Players will have to find their coffins to kill them. Vampires will also be damaged by sunlight.
- Dragons existed once until the last dragon was slain by the heroic Dragon Slayer hero who grew up within some peasant village and has rose to kingship due to his deed. Sounds like a typical generic fantasy story and it happened only a few months before Equilibrium of The Night takes place. No dragon slaying for the player! Also it turns out that the Dragon Slaying hero isn't truly heroic and noble as the stories make him out to be for he cares little of the land he rules and rumors tell of him abducting women and making them his sex slaves. However stopping the tyrant (who will have a cameo role) isn't part of the story and can't be done. Not by the prologue hero (Lucia) anyway.
- No epic levels and no high level player characters or companions. This means that players will need to rely on companion help, potions, traps and guns to help them out. I intend for the maximum level to be LV 5 whereas you will have some high level enemies (not to high though as to be impossible) at maximum.
- Equilibrium of The Night follows a preset character (Lucia) but the three adventures afterwards will feature a new custom character (possibly characters) who sets out on the same quest as Lucia and the following trilogy will encourage the player to import their character to the next adventure for choices made in the previous one to be recognized.
- Open world with everywhere accessible from the start.
- Ability to die in dialogue by picking the wrong dialogue choices.
Please note that this isn't a complete list of features or elements in the mod. I don't want to give everything away now do I?