This is the updated download version of Crystallized Doom 1.9.42 NOTICE: This build only supports Techlevel 1 and 2! If people still have problems to...
The Team so far:
The mod plays right after the events of C&C Tiberian Sun Firestorm.
Cabal was defeated by GDI and Nod forces together. But after the destruction of the Core the alliance didn't hold long. Kane was dead, the Brotherhood scattered up without a main leader. An easy target for GDI. In 2035 the Global Defense Initiative declared that the Brotherhood of Nod was finally defeated.
After that devasting victory, the task forces where split into three main groups. The defense group, the attack group alias Steel Talons and the expansion group ZOCOM. Each group had a main task. While the main defense force defended the last Tiberium free zones called Blue Zones, the ZOCOM reclaimed Tiberium infested Red Zones back. The Steel Talons however - got the task to get the old territory of Nod under control. They destroyed here and there some small Nod rebells but nothing dangerous was happening in the Yellow Zones...till one day.
2039...The Forgotten who lived hidden in these Zones formend a big organised military operation against the GDI. Surprised by the Mutants, GDI had to react.
Project Nemesis (2009)
Version 1.0 released on November 19, 2009
Version 1.21 hotfix
Project Nemesis (2010)
Version 1.8 hotfix/hardcore
Version 1.8.5 BETA (Preview of new sides)
Version 1.8.6 Content Pack/hotfix
Version 1.8.8 BETA
Crystallized Doom (2010)
Crystallized Doom Resurrected (2013)
Version 1.9.3 BETA
Version 1.9.32 Standalone [cancelled]
Crystallized Doom Standalone (2013)
Crystallized Doom Standalone (2014)
Version 18.104.22.168 BETA
Version 22.214.171.124 / 126.96.36.199 hotfix [Legacy]
Version 1.9.41 - revised Techlevel I [skipped for public]
Crystallized Doom Standalone (2015)
Version 1.9.42 - revised Techlevel II
Version 1.9.43 - revised Techlevel III [on hold]
Crystallized Doom OpenRA (2015)
Version 0.1 - Techlevel I
Version 0.2 - Techlevel II
Version 0.3 - Techlevel III (WIP)
I want you to know that I am thinking to rebuild/port this mod for OpenRA.
As for people who do not know OpenRA:
"OpenRA is a Libre/Free Real Time Strategy project that recreates the classic Command & Conquer titles.We include recreations of C&C (Tiberian Dawn), C&C: Red Alert, and Dune 2000. These are not intended to be perfect copies, but instead combine the classic gameplay of the originals with modern improvements such as unit veterancy and the fog of war.OpenRA's primary focus is cross-platform multiplayer between Windows, OS X, and Linux; however, we include a number of single-player missions, and also support skirmish games against AI bots."
There are several reasons why to switch the engine:
- less problems with crashing
- better support for higher resolutions (supports pixel doubling)
- better performance (OpenRA is based on OpenGL)
- better support for OS after Win XP (Windows Vista/7/8/10, OS X, Linux) <- no need for any fixes
- cross-platform multiplayer
- bigger maps and more players in a match (imagine a big battle with 16 players for example)
- support for observer slots
- easier way to add new factions
- ability to choose teams, starting positions, AI personalities/difficulty and other settings.
- multiple production tabs like in RA2 and TW
- support for naval (gameplay and AI)
- the possibility to add new gameplay features to the engine
- OpenRA Tiberian Sun mod is still WIP
- We have to adapt to the OpenRA engine
- Additonal work (which would be worth if it gives you and me less problems :P )
- People won't like it because of reason XYZ
As for myself, it would be something fresh to work, as I can learn to do new things with it. But I don't know how people will react to this. So I'd like to hear some feedback and thoughts first about this.