With the upcoming release of our Moddb profile, we feel that now is a good time to release some info about Casus Belli.
Casus Belli scenario takes place in the world of Crysis, but is a realistic-like mod. Dont expect to find any futuristic weapon, nanosuit or Aliens on this mod.
The background of Casus Belli offers various battlefields such as Russia, Europe, Middle East and also North America in CB maps. I am sure you will like the countryside map "No bravery 1", nicely surrounded by corn fields, rivers, forests . But if you prefer industrial area, well, we have for you "No bravery 2" and its large factories. Be sure that we will enhance the feeling of a world in conflict in our maps by including many different areas like deserts, harbors, forests... Casus Belli will offer you urban maps with nice streets battles and building by building fights.
All these maps contain a large amount of exclusive assets like new buildings, new static vehicles, various city and house furnitures. Numerous custom textures are also included to change radically the universe of crysis and offer you a new gaming experience.
We also made some of the Crysis solo maps available for multiplaying, like River and Valley.
Besides, the new class system which changes the skin of the character depending on its class, the skinned hand and the random time of day make Crysis gameplay a more true to life experience.
Casus Belli is largely inspired to battlefield series, and try to purpose a comparable experience on Cryengine2.
To do so, we totally removed the nanosuit and the health regeneration system, fixed a few exploits (like the jump exploit), and clearly oriented the game towards a battlefield-like experience. So far, the game play mix large maps for infantry and vehicules fights at 32 players, and little sized maps (10-16 players) for fights in the purest infantry tradition (perfect for e-sports)!
Weapons are plenty more efficient, assaults are quick and brutal, and long range fights take a new dimension.
You will find 4 different class systems (recon, assault, sniper, saper), a squad system, a new flag system (the energy increases once you've captured the flag) and many features that will allow a faster and tenser gameplay. The system of " prestige points" has been kept, but adapted for the new gameplay.
Implemented features (Done):
- new maps (seven maps actually) with new ambience. Most of theses maps have been set for infantry oriented gameplay.
- Random Time of the Day (play at night, day, morning etc...) server randomly set it at round start)
- appearance of the characters depending on their class
- skinned hands made
- Simplified Game mode: Conquest mode style (Battlefield2-like mode)
- New Class selection Menu
- Battlefield-Like class system (4 classes in each team)
- Nanosuit removed (sound, models, attribute and capacity).
- Health regeneration removed.
- Suit energy removed.
- New spectator HUD.
- reworked ingame HUD and minimap
- various stratégic flags (not only bunkers) like factories, train stations, bridges etc...
- Energy bar grows up for each captured flag (no more bunkers flags, energy flags and prototype).
- Jump exploit (changing direction in air) fixed.
- Players can no longer sprint when strafing
- Tweaked Gameplay : weapon's damages and accuracy increased, player's moves and speed increased (but strafe speed reduced).
- Hundred of new objects, statics, buildings...
- Add blood effect on hits
- New design for the radar, ammunitions, points and flag HUD.
- New outgame menu.
- Few more modifications for the remaining HUD.
- New nightvision
- More statics objects
- Animation and coding weapons
Models and Characters:
- New characters models : Russian Spetsnaz, US Army and NK Army.
- Add Heavy Assault class
- AK74 : Script and model
- HK416 : Script and model
- Beretta : Script and model
- M21 : Script and model
- P90 : Script and model
- Benelli : Script and model
- VSS Vintorez : Script and model
- more weapons coming...
Scripting and coding:
- random weather
- At the beginning of a new map, you can vote for three different ToDs (vote)
- New airstrike system.
- New health regeneration system.
- Squad System.
- Flag by Flag game mode
and lot more...
The Development Team
Soulimano : Team Manager, Game Designer, Mapper
Supernovae : Designer 2D, Team manager
Phoennix : Communication and Relationship
Fabiolo : Mapper
Miche:be : Mapper
Yodashi : Modeler, Animator
Dudu : Modeler
Fire : Mapper, Flowgraph coder
Vanth : C++ Coder
MatHack : Script coder, ingame exporter specialist, modeler, animator, Designer 2D
Requin : Modeler, Texturer
Spartan/Rafiki : Character's designer
162eRi : Modeler
Alimux : Modeler
Aleksi : Sound and Music
The team is actually searching for new talents interested on our project, motivated, and skilled. We are looking for one modeler (especially to create buildings assets and vehicules), one texturer, and one or two animators;
You like what we did ? you want to join the dev team ?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with renders of your work.