Dark Ages in British Isles are fascinating, a dismal warlike time, in which people fight for survive. A dark age with deep blend of cultures. 6th and 7th centuries were a time when invaders (Saxons, Angles and Jutes) tried hard their destiny in a new world with the steel of their swords, shields and spears. Ancient people tried to resist, while they saw how their kingdoms are defeated and conquest by those “barbarians”, sorrowfully saw how his belowed world slowly disappeared off the face of the earth. Couldn't forget to talk about the Picts also, who have always inspire great interest. Or about West, other island, as complex as Britain, Ireland in which many people were fighting for a piece land, their clans, livestock and supremacy. In short, it is a world we know a little, but that it is like a magnet for history lovers: a time of war and great deeds, where few (almost none) kings died in his bed.
Conquer Britannia of the 7th century and become Brytenwalda in our new version 1.31! We've added a lot of new features, like sea-battles, more realistic combat, new orders for troops, new quests, improved weapon-braking-system, improved AI! You'll see tons of new items, like many new shields, a lot of new helmets and celtic clothes, or cloaks for noblemen! And all this you will experience in many new scenes! New settlements to visit and new castels to conquer for becoming BRYTENWALDA!
Posted by BrustwarzenLenny on Nov 7th, 2010
Hotfix for Brytenwalda v1.31
Conquer Britannia of the 7th century and become Brytenwalda in our new version 1.31!
We've added a lot of new features, like sea-battles, more realistic combat, new orders for troops, new quests, improved weapon-braking-system, improved AI!
You'll see tons of new items, like many new shields, a lot of new helmets and celtic clothes, or cloaks for noblemen!
And all this you will experience in many new scenes! New settlements to visit and new castels to conquer
for becoming BRYTENWALDA!
v1.31 Oficial Release 07/11/2010
- Many bugfixes
- Weapon-braking changed! Now you don't loose your broken weapons
- Improved Map (waves added)
- A lot of news horses, mules and donkeys
- New loading-screens
- Icon for port-towns
- New scripts! Thanks to Caba'Drin: when enemy is too close, spearmen will change their weapon
- Equipment-Penality: if you're using heavy armor, shields, or helmets, you get penalities on skills
- Horn and standars improved: bonus to leadership- and tactic-skill, if you, or your companions use it
- Sea-travel for player
- Sea-travel for AI! All parties on map can travel by ship
- Sea-battles! Player and AI can fight on their ships
- Shield Bash: added to player and AI. Thanks to xenoargh and Sinisterius
- More historical notes
- Family tree fixes - more historical accuracy.
- Opening-quest: Gae Bolga
- New quest: Treasures of Britannia
- New companions
- Improved lord-parties
- Weapon-type-switching-order: order your troops to use a specific weapon-type! Thanks to Caba'Drin.
- Skirmish-order! Order your troops to keep distance to enemies! Thanks to Caba'Drin
- Lord-relations-report fixed
- New screens added. Thanks to Endakil
- Leadership-skill of companions is now a party-skill (like surgery)
- After-death-camera fixed! Ue can use TAB to end battle now
- Tons of new items: many new shields, celt bodies, nobleman cloaks, boar fur for pagan characters,
bamburg sword, axes and spears, helmets
- New dialogues for pagan- and cleric-parties
- New scenes and fixes for old entry-points. You should visit Din Tagell, Cantwareburh, and more: Forums.taleworlds.com
- Improved upgrade/week pay for troops.
- More realistic Combat! Changed bows, throwing weapons, speed, and many more!
Special thanks to posters in our 'Combat Realism in Brytenwalda the discussion'-thread.
Life Erikson will still continue work on improving our combat-system.
- New culture: Frisian. You can recruit frisians now, and raise a frisian army
- New sea bandits: scoti, frankis and dena pirates
- Arena-weapons fixed
- AI: handle team_give_order lumping mounted heroes with infantry
- Rewrite arcsine in script_point_y_toward_position from scratch
- Shut down reform on Stand Ground
- Center rotation on reform
- AI: refine infantry formation approach
- and more things...