Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!
My attempt on porting Sunlast MegaWAD to Brutal DooM
You appear in a mysterious realm, with no recollection of what has happened.
You're bleeding pretty damn badly and your armor is all fucked up.
Armed only with a handful of bullets for your rifle, a single grenade and an attitude, you push onwards, into the darkness...
Download below consist of great Sunlust MegaWAD ( Doomwiki.org ) neatly packaged with Brutal Doom v20b and ( Forum.zdoom.org ) some ( Moddb.com ) nice ( Moddb.com ) additions ( Moddb.com ) for ( Moddb.com ) more ( Moddb.com ) immersive ( Moddb.com ) gameplay.
While the files included here weren't modified in any significant way, the reasons for me to upload it on ModDB are quite simple:
1) Getting those things to run together smoothly could be a pain in the ass even for seasoned hell's technicians, not to mention new DooMers.
2) The Sunlust campaign isn't exactly as well known and as recognized as it should be, so I believe that some folks will be suprised by it.
3) It's my very own take on how this campaign should be played, with emphasis on realism-ish game mechanics and immersion. Hopefully someone will like it too.
4) If there'll be enough interest, I'd like to continue on tweaking the Sunlust's maps in order to make them more BD-compatible. As in, many secret areas are accesible via crouching or jumping movements, sometimes map flow could be broken, and there are possibly some balancing issues. If you encounter such a situation and you'd like to remedy it, please let me know by providing level number or name, and the problem description ( floor too low / too many monsters / too few monsters / and so on ... )
How to play:
a) Extract the archive with 7zip.
b) Place your DOOM2.WAD file in the BrutalSunlust directory.
c) Double click on the Sunlust.bat file (or launch ./Sunlust.sh if you're on Linux with Wine).
- Many files here could be concidered as outdated. It's this way because of compatibility reasons. Unfortunately, not that much can be done about it... Feel free to play with new versions of included addons on your own risk.
- GZDoom included in the package is a 32bit 3.2.5 version. Using it is recommended because of stability and compatibility reasons which can arise in the future.
- All due credits go to the original Sunlust's authors and original authors of included addons, which can be found in the linked URl's. Sunlust is my favourite MegaWAD of all, and I'm just exploring community's interest in making it work well with Brutal DooM, which goal - so far - I've attempted only for myself...
HF && GL