Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!
This is a slightly modified version of Sgt. Marks IV's Brutal Doom v19, created and tweaked some time ago by me, just for fun and also for trying to improve some things that are missing in the original mod. WARNING: Note that you DON'T have to load this with original Brutal Doom file! For the main list of changes, please read the description below.
Here is the main list of changes respect from original Brutal Doom v19:
- Replaced the old v0.18 Minigun and Rocket Launcher sprites for the new v19 ones published in previous test releases.
- Replaced Rifle, Shotgun and SSG sprites by the respective DoomNukem's Weapon Pack versions. (They're even cooler than the original ones, don't you think so?)
- Restored the old v0.18 Tomb Raider's "Find-a-secret" sound. (No more hearing the ZDoom's ugly standard sound!)
- Increased back the max-bullet ammo from 200 to 300. (Yeah, because 200 it's way TOO LOW. Long life to old Brutal Doom times!)
- Increased Revenant's Hell Missile Launcher max ammo from 50 to 120 (240 with backpack). You know, HML's new rate of fire on this version wastes more ammo than usual, and you run out of fire too rapidly in a similar way like the 200/400-bullet minigun. So doubling the max capacity mitigates this problem...
- Increased Mancubus' Flame Cannon max ammo from 30 to 60 (120 with backpack). Now you can roast hordes of imps and pinkies without worrying about running out of flames! Hahaha...
- Increased Shotgun/SSG max ammo from 50 to 100 (200 with backpack). Yeah, if you like to use this versatile weapons, why have you to conform with Vanilla's so-low ammo capacity? Now, shut up and bring them on!
- Increased Plasma Rifle/BFG9000 max ammo from 300 to 400 (800 with backpack). That's right. The new Plasma Flamethrower wastes A LOT OF AMMO. Don't you hate this thing? Yeah, me too. So if you can pick more cells, the fun lasts more time. Hehehehe!
- Doubled the Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon damage to enemies. As they're pretty rare-to-find weapons, their efficacy with enemies should be greater. Nowadays, who wants a weak rare weapon apart from collectors?
- Now picked up Backpacks will increase the ammo for Hell Missile Launcher and Flamecannon.
- Updated the new Brutal Doom title screen header with a 'Enhanced Edition' subtitle. (Previous Credits Page was removed by the author, so it keeps missing in this version too.)
- The old v0.18 Nazis and their MP40s are back! (Beware, they are MORE dangerous than the Vanilla's giant smurfs!)
- Fixed a bug with special weapon MP40 related with Alt-Fire and zoom mode. (Previously, when you tried to reload the MP40 with full clip reserve, the zoom was not restored to normal mode.)
- Removed forever that emetic-hateful aberration called J. Bieber. Lil' old Commander Keen rules! (Well, actually in original Brutal Doom v19 was also removed, but not in the previous modified version.)
Recent changes for version 0.19a (minor updates):
- Shooting Chainsaw is now integrated in this version (Endless123's original addon). Just press secondary fire and have a nice bullet feast!
- Fixed a strange graphic bug when you were chainsawing a mancubus corpse and the sprite wasn't updated correctly. Now it works with no problems, I hope.
- Tweaked a bit the ammo pick amounts for Hell Missile Launcher and Flame Cannon: now if you pick up a HML or FC in the floor, you will receive 10 shoots from each one (instead of previous 4 HML shoots and 12 FC shoots.) Same with backpack, if you pick up one, you will also receive 10 shoot for each monsters' special weapons. (Normal weapons amount keep unchanged).
Well, that's all for now. Have a happy doom-killing! HE HE HEEE...