by Balthassar on Nov 18th, 2012
This is the full development log for changes that happened between the 0.3 beta and 0.4 beta, including changes leading up to the never-released version 0.3.1, dated and in chronological order.
- Added the UEF Albatross; T3 Torpedo Bomber.
- Added the Cybran Experimental shield thing.
- Added generic icons for experimentals that still lack final meshes.
- Created the LOD1 mesh, fixed the normals, buffs and icon for the UEF T2 Energy Storage.
- 8 T2 energy storages around a T3 power generator now double its output.
- Fixed the normals for the UEF T2 Mass Storage.
- Gave the UEF T2 Energy Storage a name. A name which is totally not a Powerthirst reference.
- Cybran T4 Shield changes:
- Gave it a temporary semi-custom mesh and icon.
- Renamed it to the Iron Curtain, from Erectile Dysfunction 6.
- Fixed the lifebar and selection size and position.
- Added rebuild bonus for remaking.
- Updated the script for the new mesh.
- Added the unit to the string tables for localisation.
- Updated icons in the SCD file.
- Iron Curtain changes:
- Created a LOD1 mesh
- Increased the length of time it takes to reactivate
- Reduced its regen rate.
- Moved the AINames strings from sorianlangs.lua to the individual units.
- Updated the version name in the mod_info.lua.
- Improved Sorian AI support.
- Fixed the LOC string link which was making the Night Skimmer appear as being called 'Heavy Air Transport'.
- Changed the mesh and normal map for the Iron Curtain for better ingame smoothing.
- Changed the normal map of the Zenith for better smoothing.
- Updated the required UID for the Icon Support mod; they had made it to version 5 without me noticing.
- Increased the rate of fire of the Scathis Mk II which it can only achieve with power-plant bonus.
- Bluebird corrected the German string tables.
- Re-added the Iron Curtain to the German string tables.
- Fixed and changed the mesh, icon, textures, script and blueprint of the Cybran T2 Field Engineer.
- Added strategic icons for counter intel aircraft.
- Added Vanguard, the UEF T3 Decoy plane.
- Removed the Wilson from the aircraft factory build lists.
- Changed the build sorting for the Solace, Albatross and Zenith.
- Added the Albatross and the uncreated seraphim equivalent to the string tables.
- Changed the normal map of the Cybran Field engy.
- Added a temp texture and icon for the Albatross.
- Partially textured the Albatross properly.
- Fixed the AA guns of the Albatross.
- Fixed the script of the Seraphim T3 transport which was causing its weapons, and probably other things, to not work.
- Changed the UV map of the Albatross.
- Further texture changes for the Albatross.
- Removed unnecessary categories from the Vanguard.
- Created the category PRODUCTBREWLAN, for external referencing.
- Changed the threat level of the Decoy planes to be 1000x that of Spy planes.
- Fixed the counter-intel fighter strategic icons, which had horrible artifacts on some states.
- Fixed the Wilson not appearing in any build menus after the last 'fix' which I never checked properly after changing.
- Fixed the Cybran T1 land factory being able to build the Megalith somehow after the last fix which never got individually uploaded.
- Changed the particle effects from the Pigeons main weapon.
- Started creating and implementing the Aeon T2 Bomber.
- Did more work on the mesh, texture, and stats of the Aeon T2 Tactical Bomber, now called the Impaler, and added it to the string tables.
2 years of mostly silence
- Added the UEF Mobile Satellite Uplink at about this date. (Changelog note added 2012-09-16 from file creation dates)
- Added the UEF Mobile Strategic Defence at about this date. (Changelog note added 2012-09-16 from file creation dates)
- Added a strategic icon for T3 antimissile vehicle.
- Added a strategic icon for T1 Anti naval fighter aircraft.
- Modified the mesh and textures of the Aeon T2 Bomber to finish the appearance of its rear end.
- Added the UEF T1 torpedo bomber.
- Made all torpedo bombers able to land on water. Funny story; it was the 'TRANSPORTATION' category all along.
- Added the UEF T1 Air staging platform.
- Finished the UEF T1 Air staging platform.
- Allowed the Aeon T2 shield to upgrade into the T3.
- Updated 'Unit Statuses.txt' somewhat.
- Added localisation string for the Aeon T4 Artillery description.
- Updated entries in German string table. Translations still pending.
- Added French localisation; the names and nicknames are probably fine(ish) but the description text is probably terrible French.
- Fixed the Abyssal Persecutors occasional walk animation speed bugs.
- Flailed around blindly with the UEF T2 energy storage.
- Minor changes to the UEF T1 shield gen for allowing it to upgrade.
- Disabled the UEF T1 shield from upgrading on land.
- Added the UEF T3 Naval shield, only available as an upgrade from the UEF T1 light shield (which is aquatic).
- Added some ghetto German and French string tables for the UEF T3 Naval shield.
- Increased the max-health of the Scathis Mk II, to 17500 from 8750.
- Shield generator changes:
- Fixed the adjacency bonuses of the T1 Aeon & UEF shields, and the UEF T3 Naval shield.
- Corrected the abilities list of the Iron Curtain.
- Cybran shield balancing:
- Bumped the ED2 down to T1 and removed it from T2 build lists.
- Added the ED3 to T2 build lists.
- Increased the max health of the Iron Curtain to 6950 from 4250.
- It now takes 3 hits from any T3 bomber directly to destroy it, instead of 1-2 (race dependant).
- Removed the unlisted radar and sonar from the Iron Curtain.
- T1 UEF Shield gen balancing:
- Increased the build rate (for upgrading) from 7.5 to 10.
- Increased the power outage regen time to 5 sec from 3.
- Increased the damage outage regen time to 10 sec from 7.25.
- Increased regen rate to 110 from 80.
- Increased shield size to 14 from 13.
- Aeon T1 shield balancing:
- Increased regen to 120 from 69.
- Increased recharge time to 10 from 8.
- Increased shield strength to 6700 from 5500.
- Increased size to 11 from 10.
- Lowered build costs to 240m 2400e 240t from identical to the T2's.
- Part two of shield generator changes:
- Seraphim T1 shield balancing.
- Increased health to 250 from 200.
- Increased shield strength to 8000 from 6500.
- Increased shield size to 17 from 16.
- Increased regen rate to 139 from 75.
- Increased recharge time to 12 from 10.
- Increased mass/energy/build time to 400/4000/400 from 350/3500/350.
- Cybran Iron Curtain changes.
- Halved mass/energy/time/maintenance costs to 1200/200000e/8000/2500eps.
- Halved the regen assist mult and energy drain regen values back to their original 60 and 5, like all other shields.
- Lowered shield rebuild time to 1:30 from 3:40.
- More random flailing at the T2 Energy storage scaled explosions. Srsly, fuck them.
- Partially completed a new model for the Aeon T3 Transport. It came out bigger than expected.
- Rebalanced stats of the Aeon T3 Transport to accommodate for its new size. I almost made it an experimental.
- Fixed the Hades' cannon not rotating while firing.
- Fixed the Hades' inverted normals.
- Allowed Cerberus to upgrade into Hades, then disallowed it. That shit was crazy OP.
- Gave the Aeon T3 Transport shield active animations and effects, although the particles are out of align, the shutter doors don't open yet, and it still has no weapons.
- Gave the Aeon T3 Transport weapons (AA only), fixed the particle effects, and made the shutters hide on built.
- Fixed the Aeon T3 Transport's rings and ball not starting up again on shield reset.
- Increased the build time of the Aeon T3 Transport.
- Gave the Aeon T3 Transport a pretty death.
- Reclassified the Abyssal Persecutor as 'Experimental Battleship' instead of 'Experimental Dreadnaught'.
- Fixed, and gave a slightly more unique appearance to, the Seraphim T3 Point Defence.
- Assigned my damage test unit a mesh. Because that's important enough for the changelog.
- Cleaned up some un-needed files.
- Fixed the death animation link for the Seraphim T3 Point Defence.
- Corrected the Solaris' name on the French and German string tables.
- Added build descriptions for the Seraphim T3 Point Defence.
- German description is the same as the Hades.
- French description is probably terrible French.
- Updated Unit Statuses.txt.
- Moved the code that hides the Scathis and Novax Center to Blueprints.Lua.
- Hid the UEF T4 PD from the build menus.
- Changed the Cybran and UEF T3 Gunship AA damage values to double their original values. (That's 12 and 6 damage per shot :O)
- Removed all the extra spaces from the French LOC, and capitalised some letters.
- Moved the code that gives Sparky the extra build cat to Blueprints.lua.
- Added the Aeon T2 Defence Engineer.
- Added the Aeon T3 Naval shield, which can only be acquired by upgrading the T1 on water.
- Fixed the energy cost of the UEF T3 Naval shield, which was missing a digit.
- Removed the rebuild bonuses from the UEF T3 Naval shield. You cant build it directly.
- Added the UEF Experimental Factory.
- Temporarily disabled the UEF T4 Factory from building aircraft.
- Temporarily disabled the UEF T4 Factory from building experimental naval units.
- The Atlantis gets stuck attached to it for some reason.
- Failed attempt at making the T4 factory accept experimental units properly.
- Added headers to the language string tables with cheesy ascii art.
- Minor change to the Sorian ai units table. It needs a proper update still.
- Removed the Restorer changes for breaking FAF balancing.
- Moved 1k health from the Harbingers shields to its health.
- UEF Experimental Factory changes:
- Halved build time.
- It is now quicker to build than the Fatboy, instead of slower.
- Increased build rate from 180 to 240.
- Its now faster than the Fatboy instead of the same speed.
- Gave it the name 'Gantry'.
- Increased the selection width.
- Fixed a number of errors in the foreign string tables.
- Added the Aeon T3 naval shield, T2 defence engineer and the Gantry to the string tables.
- UEF Gantry changes:
- Gave build animations.
- Fixed unit rolloff.
- Made Air units build-able again.
- Created a toggle button for between building land/sea and air.
- Gave the toggle button custom tooltips and added tooltips to the localisation string tables.
- Gave the button a custom appearance.
- Moved the Fatboy to be build-able only by the Gantry, for technical reasons.
- Added a fake Fatboy for engineers to build.
- It has all the stats important during building of the real Fatboy.
- When it finishes building it gets replaced by the real one.
- I'll do the same for the Atlantis when I make a script to make it automatically dive, or otherwise not get stuck.
- Made the engineer built Fatboy pass its health to the real one on completion, so it doesn't appear to regain all its health.
- Disabled torpedo bombers ability to land on water which was causing them to not retaliate automatically against submarines attacking them.
- Added rebuild bonus for the Gantry on the corpse of another.
- Removed the scripts I that made the Cybran bomber and fighter auto activate stealth for interfering with FAF.
- Added tooltips for the decoy planes ability to change their speed.
- Made a start on the script to change the speed of the Aeon Decoy plane.
- Fixed the string tables for the decoy plane tooltips.
- Removed the Aster (UEF mobile anti-nuke) from build menus.
- It fires missiles it doesn't have, and goes into negative numbers. Forever.
- Changes Archimedes to be listed as indirect fire.
- Changed stats of the Archimedes to be similar to the Seraphim sniper bot on slow.
- Gave the Beguiler (Aeon Decoy Plane) a mesh and icon.
- Removed the other two uncompleted decoy planes from the build menus.
- Increased the energy cost of the BrewLAN T3 air units to match that of the others.
- Fixed the Aeon T2 defence engineer being build-able by all aeon factories.
- Removed the Archimedes, AC-500 Centurion, and Abyssal Persecutor from build menus.
- Fixed the Gantry to be able to build Sparky. For reals this time.
- Changed the icon of the Pigeon. Still not happy with it; its at the wrong angle.
- Archimedes changes:
- Fixed the strategic icon.
- It now has the same as the mobile artillery.
- Added a (lazy) custom mesh for the Archimedes.
- Set it to do a little under 5K damage per shot.
- Set its rate of fire to once every 30 seconds.
- Gave it an icon.
- Re-added it to the build menus.
- Re-arranged the build icon sort priorities for T3 land units.
- Lowered the damage of the Aeon T2 bomber from 1925 to 1125.